Adaware Ad-watch worth it?

Discussion in 'General Software Discussion' started by Warpy, Jul 6, 2004.

1. Warpy

Warpy Well-Known Member

I am currently using Adaware professional coupled with the ad-watch plugin. Would you guys recommend this ad-watch program?

I am also using other apps from the DH spyware removal guide - spyblaster, and S+D

2. HardwareHeaven

HardwareHeaven Administrator Staff Member

I think adware is a great tool, its not really going to catch everything but the other apps you use should do that for you.

Are you having problems with ad watch?

3. Warpy

Warpy Well-Known Member

Hi Zardon, thanks for the quick response......

I havent had any problems as yet, but it hasnt caught anything either! I hear about so many realtime spyware stoppers that I want to have the best if there is such a thing!

p.s i reckon your rig would wee all over mine!

Last edited: Jul 6, 2004
  4. HardwareHeaven

HardwareHeaven Administrator Staff Member

well to test your "stopper", go to some dodgy sites, and you will see if its worth its salt, you know the ones I mean...... the sites with the masses of pop up ads, malicious installers etc........ if you get alot of them, then you will know its not working, but I have to say in my experience it worked pretty well. I dont use it now because I take a more proactive approach in the fact im careful the sites I surf, sticking to regular sites or well known sites which wont have any of the nasties I mentioned.

Ive found my combination of a hardware firewall, norton corporate, thebat! email client, mailmate spam blocker along with the usual spyware removers keeps my machines safe and protected against most things.

oh yeah that and the fact my Operating system never lasts longer than a month due to reviewing, driver testing and new installs....... :rofl:

thanks for the comments about the rig btw, its powerful yeah....... I think im in the top 5% on the net for watercooling, so its not bad, although im more interested in the fact its almost silent, thats the way I built it up.