Advanced warning

Discussion in 'Hardware Discussion & Support' started by Trusteft, Jul 5, 2021.

1. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

As I was sitting and reading something on my screen, I noticed a flying bug, mosquito, fly, or something like that, only beige -y color. It went straight towards my PC which is sitting on a desk on the left side of me. Entered through one of the huge holes on its side. I thought about it for a few seconds and decided to switch off the system, open the case and see if I can force the bug outside. Mostly because I am worried of any possibly short circuit. Because, you never know!
    I did the whole thing only that the bug was nowhere to be found and while the motherboard is on top and easy to see around it, the bottom half where all the SATA disks and the PSU are located, are impossibly to see unless you remove them from the case.
    I used a can of "compressed air" to perhaps force the bug, nothing.
    So now there is a good chance the bug is still inside.
    This is pissing me off.
    I have no money to deal with any damage, so wish me luck.

Also, this is an advanced warning if one day soon I stop appearing for some time, that might be the case.

Mr Cairo likes this.
  2. Mr Cairo

Mr Cairo Require backup .... NO

I will resist making a windows is buggy joke ssoooooo

side off case and place a piece of raw meat and a bowl of sugar water by the pc and just wait .... most insects are a fan of one or the other and if its there it will appear

Calliers and Trusteft like this.
  3. Trusteft

Good though wasteful idea.
    Unfortunately I don't have any raw meat in this place, unless I count my huge gianormous between my, nah who am I kidding.
    I don't have any sugar in this house either, or sugary liquids.
    Still, good idea.
    Thank you.

Calliers and Mr Cairo like this.
  4. Mr Cairo

All I can think of sorry ..worked as a chef for years and occasionally had to get bugs that made their way into the kitchen (they arrived in food or through vents etc it wasn't a dirty kitchen) out and those were 2 usual methods, another is a fan placed on high speed left continually blowing most bugs don't like draughts

No meat no sugar ..you living in a clean room ?

Trusteft likes this.
  5. Trusteft

I wish.
    No, just I don't have any fresh food or sugar or meat or fish in this apartment. The rare occasion I buy meat it's slices of turkey or something for sandwiches. But I have reduced that type of processed meat. So whenever I want meat I order ready meals from outside, which thankfully tend to be cooked. :)
    I just can't stand the whole preparation/cooking or the cleaning the kitchen after I cooked, parts. I like the eating part though.

As for sugar, I use sugar replacement capsules (a local brand) which is the only one I like the taste of as it doesn't taste too chemicals like, or too bitter, etc. Love it.

Mr Cairo likes this.
  6. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

i've had all sorts of bugs crawling inside a case... and never had a problem.

i've cleaned plenty of peoples systems.

Maple bugs for example are a great example of something you just can't keep control of. It was always kinda funny to me hearing daily sometimes multiple times a day, a maple bug getting caught in a fan and going for a ride, getting smashed up repeatedly and yet somehow surviving.

This tends to be in the fall in september/october when they show up and i've literally been able to scoop them out of the cases.

Yes i'm aware they can carry current and cause a short, but the shear amount of bad luck to run into such a problem would need to be astronomical.

Considering how often spiders and all sorts of things find their way into systems in the millions around the world, if one were to lose sleep over a single or a few bugs in a case, no one would sleep a wink.

Calliers, Mr Cairo and Trusteft like this.
  7. Mr Cairo

Ah so its a healthy thing TBH I could ot do it I love fresh meat and fish far too much

as for the sugar replacement you not a fan of brown sugar either. for me its the real thing over replacements every time

Had to google that and damn that's a pretty looking bug

Calliers likes this.
  8. Trusteft

No no no no no. It's not a healthy thing. It's a lazy frell thing as I don't want to cook or clean afterwards.

Brown sugar is nice, but it's not healthier than white sugar. Just saying.

9. Mr Cairo

LOL ok thats fair enough.

Trusteft likes this.
  10. arb65912

arb65912 Well-Known Member

So did the bug came out?

I have heard of possibility of the short but did anybody actually knew someone that it happened? I think that probability must be very low of such a thing.

11. arb65912

arb65912 Well-Known Member

And as far as the meat.... it would not work as I would want to eat if after cooking...lol.

Calliers and Mr Cairo like this.
  12. Trusteft

I don't know. Bugs do what bugs do. I haven't seen it again, but that hardly means anything.

Calliers and arb65912 like this.
  13. Calliers

Calliers Administrator/Editor Staff Member

It's probably dead by now, just laying there at the bottom of the case.

After all, most bugs have a life span of like a few days to a week at most.

14. Trusteft

I don't mind, as long as nothing happens to the system.
    I used to freak out a lot with bugs, especially cockroaches. While I still don't like them or want them, after an experience of working some time in a special place for few weeks (special assignment while I was in the navy) , where the cockroaches were literally walking on you every few seconds, I got used to the idea of them in general.