After 2 long years my mac trials are finally over (I hope)

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by Geminiwave, Jan 6, 2008.

1. Geminiwave

Geminiwave I Have lovely Breasts

So get this. Since the very first WEEK I have owned my macbook, it has been problems. the logic board got borked in 5 days. it was replaced...then borked again a week later. ...and AGAIN a week later. Then the screen went out. The battery died. The wrist pad area cracked. etc. I had EVERY known macbook problem there WAS.

Now after the 6th repair I asked for a replacement. I said that this was a lemon and I wouldn't stand for it anymore. It was rejected. Then the new screen started having dead pixels like crazy and they refused to repair it.

so what happened next?

Well I was wiping my computer clean because i was going to give it ONE MORE SHOT. in the middle of the OSX reinstall I started smelling a burning smell. the power cord started MELTING. So I pull it out really quick and shut down. it cools down and everything is fine.

So then im getting ready to take it in on saturday to the store. It is lying upsidedown on a chair. I look over at it and sparks start coming out of the side. Note: it is not plugged in and NOT POWERED ON! (not even sleep mode). Then it lights on fire.

They were not going to replace it for me when I went to the store. Just replace the plastic exterior. but I said that this was a serious hazard and I didn't feel comfortable with it or any part of it in my house (which is true. I really don't) so they handed me a brand new macbook. So far so good. Not a single crash or problem yet which puts it heads and shoulders above the old macbook :)

I was so scared for my new home though. I just got this house and I love it. I would be miserable if it burned down. especially due to this POS computer.

My advice to anyone wanting to buy a mac? Don't. But since most people will anyway...don't buy a macbook. the Macbook Pros and the iMacs have very few problems, but the macbooks seem extremely cheaply made.

2. Teme

Teme Super Moderator

Well I'm glad that your problems with Mackbook might be over. Fingers crossed.... Hope this new will work just fine. :)

3. kris23

kris23 Going Insane.....

wow.....

watch it VERY carefully and use an empty charcoal grill as a storage place.... so even if it lights up, itll take a pretty long time to get out......

or store it in a vacuum chamber.....

man the score is liike

macs n' cheese - 200

all others 1..... MILLION

you know.... every time i see an apple laptop, i see the mackbook PROs as pretty nice ones for those who require such unique features, i see the desktops as the same things... while a bit on the skimpy side...

now i see THIS and wonder what kind of business practices the company has down at the assembly lines......

4. Falstaff

Falstaff Old Codger

My doctors and several of my nurses purchased and are content with their Mac's you just got a bad deal, sorry it was a hard fist, sideways up to the elbow with a wristwatch on and no KY, but you got screwed brother.

5. dj_stick

dj_stick Apple Fanboy?

jeff that's just sick :lol:

but as for that macbook - that sounds like you just got a dodgy one, unlucky :x but hopefully your new one will be fine

6. Mousey

Mousey HH's Official Rodent

Wow that's put me off macbooks :rofl:
    I gotta admit the macbooks did take my fancy, until i saw the prices that was :p
    And yeah Jeff, sick :rofl:

7. Geminiwave

Geminiwave I Have lovely Breasts

all of my friends with macbooks have had huge problems. all of my friends with macbook pros have had minor problems. The thing is that they weren't really prepared for the huge demand so they had foxconn do a bunch of factories up in china to make more really fast and their quality control went out the window. The truth is though that they don't move nearly as many macbook pros so the quality control is better I guess.

I dunno though. I'm considering selling this one off. I don't have a huge need for a laptop anymore.

8. Necrosis

Necrosis Well-Known Member

I foresee you dropping it...it's a karma thing.

9. Falstaff

Falstaff Old Codger

definitely Karma for sure...
    its like its even in candy bars too!!:wtf:
    oh no....
    wait...
    thats Caramel...
    oh never mind.....
    what Necrosis said and stuff..:bleh: