Age Old Question?

Discussion in 'Gaming News Discussion' started by craig5320, Sep 7, 2006.

?

360, PS3 or Wii?

1. The delicious 360

46 vote(s)
    42.6%
  2. The Walletbusting PS3

20 vote(s)
    18.5%
  3. Why? Wii?

42 vote(s)
    38.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HawgsHead

HawgsHead Rest In Peace

I was very scared when I bought my X-Box 360 last month.The 1st thing I checked was the details of the return policy before I bought it.Buy I really,really like the thing.I never thought I would buy a console rig.But I allready had an x-tra 20" NEC LCD I wasnt using that much.So I bought it knowing if I didnt like it I could return it within 3 weeks.Just like I did the iMac I thought I had to have.....HA!But when I got the thing home and hooked it up I was truely impressed....even more impressed when I read about the guts that are in the rig.Tripple core CPU and ATI GFX.And the GFX are right on time!There arent many computer games that I buy.Not that many appeal to me.I would say 5 to 6 per year that I just gotta have.And the 360 opens up a new avenue for me and my gaming.....What is Wii????

Last edited: Sep 22, 2006
  2. bobbytomorow

bobbytomorow Banned

The Wii is the first console to have me really excited in a long time to be honest. But theres no way I would want to go without MGS4, Gran Turismo HD, Devil May Cry 4, God of War 3, Virtual Fighter 5, Resistance Fall of Man, Ratchet and Clank , Killzone 2, Fatal Inertia, Coded Arms Assault etc...When I say exclusive content I don't see how that flaws my argument, when it comes to Japanese third party exclusives you just can't touch Sony.

Aside from the fact Gears of War is unreleased and is not based on a successful franchise its also rumoured to be coming to pc. And no, I wouldn't call PGR3 or DOA:"Extreme Beach Thingy"(lol) compelling content. If you felt the latter was really compelling shouldn't you at least remember its title?

3. TheBlackCat

TheBlackCat New Member

You are assuming Sony can maintain that third-party support. If their sales don't satisfy third-party developers you could find your favorite third-party titles disappearing really quick. Third-party developers are concerned with making money. Given the high cost of making content for the system, if the third parties don't feel they are making the profits they want and it seems that profits will be better on one of Sony's competitors they will jump ship. If that happens the PS3 is nothing more than a budget blu-ray player, and that is assuming blu-ray also doesn't go under (Sony has had extremely bad luck getting their media formats accepted by the general populace). It is not that Sony will lose third party support. I don't pretend to be able to predict the decisions of the gaming community. But it is not impossible, and it is far more likely now than it has been at any point in the history of the Playstation console series.

4. topbob

topbob New Member

I'll be buying a Wii if I see enough yummy games come out for it after about 6 months or so.

5. SFOSOK

SFOSOK 939 Goin Strong

looking at some of the games on the Wii, it looks like graphics quality is sub PS2 standards.

6. Erroneus

Erroneus Get off my lawn!

Screw "next-gen" technology, the quality on ps3 and xbox 360 can be produced on a modern PC, but the gameplay and fun on the Wii can't be found anywhere else.

Going for Wii, thats for sure and maybe later on Xbox 360, when the price is right :)

7. CDsDontBurn

CDsDontBurn AMD & Petrol Heads Mod

true, but some people don't want to spend 2k on a top of the line system to play a $50 game. they'd rather spend a small fraction of that on a console to play a $50 game.

Besides, there are some titles that can only be found on consoles (legally speaking that is). but on the same token, there are some titles that can only be found on PC.

8. swimtech

swimtech Well-Known Member

I threw my back out zinging a sizzler of a topspin forehand while playing tennis when I was 17, and it has given me sporadic trouble ever since - and I really love the game of tennis...

Looks like the Wii for me, and my youngest kids who'll get the most out of all the other games available for the machine...

Oh, and all my televisions are still of the old type - CRTs made of thick glass - no real chance of impaling the controller in them! :rofl: And since Nintendo is going to fix the straps...

9. HawgsHead

HawgsHead Rest In Peace

Dont feel too bad...I still have old timey TV's too.Big ole fishbowls.TV sucks.95% of whats on it is filth!Not fit to watch.

10. jjfriedberg

jjfriedberg New Member

i only prefer the 360 becuase it is cheaper and has got a firm footing in the buisness, the ps3 seems overated, especially at the price it is. The wii seems good, now they have gmaes like Call of Duty, so it might actually be fun...

11. Crack_Pot

Crack_Pot New Member

i would prefer the ps3, simply because it is far better then anything else out there.

12. HawgsHead

HawgsHead Rest In Peace

I wouldnt open this can-o-worms up again for all the tea in China.

13. MIG-31

MIG-31 Old time Member.. Staff Member

This Age Old Question? about consoles died 2 months prior to the last reply.

I personally think this Poll has now run it's course,and it's now time to let this one die.

Closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.