Aion is live

Discussion in 'Gaming News Discussion' started by MIG-31, Sep 22, 2009.

1. MIG-31

MIG-31 Old time Member.. Staff Member

The wait is over, Aion is now available for part of the world, including North America.

Get the Steam exclusive Aion Collector's Edition or the Aion Standard Edition and fly away home.

Aion goes live in Europe and other territories on September 25th.

2. Neshi

Neshi HH's cuddly Blue Bear

is anyone on DH playing this?

and if you have played WoW, how does it compare?

3. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

Heres the deal...

Aion takes the best peices of WoW (which WoW took the best peices from previous MMOs so in the long run aion didn't take a damn thing from wow) and quite a number of the good aspects of LineageII..

it also combines the latest graphical technology which makes it look quite good and the enviroments are dynamic so there is changes in weather and whatnot on the fly.

Quests are very much straight forward.... none to complicated.... or overly boring like WoW

BUT you don't have to do the quests either like you have to in WoW..... you can grind and still make relatively good XP to.

Be prepared to party...... not even out of the single digits and there are some things you just can't really do well by yourself. And it gets more demanding as you get up there in levels.

I've understood that arial combat is a bit of a joke...... but i can't really comment.

Character creation is brilliant..... still could be considerably better though...

Neshi likes this.
  4. Neshi

the reason why I took WoW is because that's the game I played for a while.. and I disliked Warhammer, noticed the pvp there wasn't really the thing for me.
    Instead of buying Aion in the heat of the moment like I did with Warhammer (thought it was gonna be great) I wanted a little more information.

Thanks Judas, it sounds good, and the video's I've seen look very good.
    Might play the game if it still goes strong in a few months.

5. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

JUST AN FYI

the servers are overloaded...

i got the preorder and have played it off and on since june

lets just say that your waiting quere could range from 1 minute (rare) to as much as 6 hours...... or more.

West severs are the best for me... because they are located in seattle and that is the cleanest route to the servers... (i'm very happy that lineageII servers i play on were moved from texas to seattle resulting in a ping drop and ZERO lag due to horrible US internet backbones and ISPs)

East servers are a nightmare for me...

6. Neshi

yea, I won't buy it now anyway, although I'm tempted for just 36 euro's..

But I might buy a copy when I'm moved to New Zealand. I don't know if a Europe copy is eligible in Asia. (NZ does count as the Asia part of the world right?)

7. crack1up

crack1up New Member

Hi all, I found this game by accident. I have never played WOW because it just didn't appeal to me. So I cannot compare the two.

I am playing an Elyos Sorcer named Ebaan on the Siel Server.

8. Neshi

I am playing it now too.. kinda thanks to Judas for his enthusiastic replies ^^

but I like the game, it's better, more mature, than WoW.. I just hate the queues though.. If I log in later than say 6pm, the queue is already 1 hour, and going up the later it gets.

9. MythicaL

MythicaL I like computers.

I play an Elyos on Siel. He's a level 21 cleric, and has just finished the Verteron campaign quests as of last night. Fun game. Kinah spammers need to die though.