AIW X800 S-Video Woes

Discussion in 'AMD Graphics Cards' started by MSX, Aug 5, 2006.

1. MSX

MSX Burning the frozen...

Hi. I just bought a red shiny new AIW x800 for cheap and I'm having issue getting S-video to work.

All the cords are connected and I followed the steps:

Uninstall and clean drivers
    Install WDM drivers
    Install Omega 6.5's
    Install CCC

Reccomended in another thread. I also attempted to install the newest official drivers with no luck. The cords are all connected, but it does not connect the TV nor does it work when I force detection of the TV. The RCA jack also fails to show on the TV.

Anyone have any ideas on this?

2. H3X4D3C1M4L

H3X4D3C1M4L New Member

Install the stock Cat's and the WDMs it came with...that'll sort out version incompatibilities

3. MSX

MSX Burning the frozen...

Still a no go unfortunatly.

4. Chaosophy

Chaosophy New Member

Couple of obvious things first, sorry if they are too obvious but need to start at the begining.

Does the lead have more than one SVHS connection? As it's an AIW I guess it does VIVO but no idea if you can do SVHS in or not but if it can it may be that. Can you find the lead you have on ATi's site and show us which one it is?

http://shop.ati.com/searchresults.asp?dept_id=20

Do you have the TV displaying the correct AV channel as it probably won't auto switch using SVHS? If you are pluggin it into the front of the TV make sure it doesn't share that input with one on the back. Check the TV's setup and remove anything else plugged in to be sure.

Make sure the lead is fully plugged into the card. I have a non AIW X800XL and the TV out lead is pretty lose on mine. Anytime I do anything round the back of my machine it always seems to come lose and stop the picture working.

Try Ray Adams ATi tray tools and see if that helps. ATM I use the latest CAT package but don't install CCC and just use ATT for setting my options. With ATT (not sure on CCC) you can easily change the TV out put between various falvours of PAL, NTSC, etc. It could be your card defaults to NTSC but your TV only takes PAL, or vice versa.