All sound/audio devices gone!!!

Discussion in 'Hardware Discussion & Support' started by totally_tonedef, Jul 29, 2005.

1. totally_tonedef

totally_tonedef New Member

All sound/audio devices gone!!! (nevermind)

So I was just doing my thing on my computer, everything is fine...I start up XSI and it tells me I have no sound devices installed and it is reverting to [layman]computer beeps[/layman]!! So I open up control panel-.sounds and audio devices and sure enough, no audio device, none to choose from, nothing.

I have been using USB audio 5.1 headset (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16826160101) with the included software 'EXSOUND Station'. I have been using these since May with no problems.

So I uninstalled the software, rebooted, then reinstalled...nothing...I searched for new hardware...nothing...I switched what port my USB was plugged into...still nothing!! I have run dry, any and all help would be WONDERFUL :eek::eek::eek:

Last edited: Jul 30, 2005
  2. totally_tonedef

Ok, I was able to get my SB driver...but I don't have speakers....any guesses how to get it to recognize the USB sound device?

3. totally_tonedef

I feel reeeeealy dumb...the problem was, the cord was half unplugged on the other end :oops::oops::oops:.

At least it was easy to fix.....how embarassing :rofl:

4. dj_stick

dj_stick Apple Fanboy?

the first rule of trouble shooting hardware

check the connections first

5. totally_tonedef

Lol...I did, just not ALL of them :p. Forgot that it connected like that in the middle...I fiddled with the USB for a while hehe.