Amazing Film Moments (Can be NSFW discretion advised!)

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by MythicaL, Sep 10, 2009.

1. MythicaL

MythicaL I like computers.

Wow! I should have made this one a long time ago!

There are films out there which feature great scenes that I absolutely love. Probably NSFW in most cases, as there could be harsh violence and language. Hopefully this doesn't break DH's rules of copyrighted material either.

Videos, stills, or just descriptions are welcome!

Some to start off with:

This one is great because everything was done real-time with no backdrops and was pretty groundbreaking for the time.

Classic, one of my favorite films:

Another classic from Kubrick:

Hitchcock... M. Night has nothing on him:

I was going to post the scene where Lil Dice shoots all the people in the hotel in City of God, but thought it was too violent for DH.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2009
  2. Vampyromaniac

Vampyromaniac confutatis maledictis

Hey, I just watched High and Low for the first time a few nights ago! That was a very intense scene (I don't use the word amazing for things like this.) I kept thinking: will he really drop the bags? Even kept me guessing when he put the first pag through quickly, but still held the handle for a while.

I enjoyed the earlier scene when the chauffer broke down and begged for the ransom to be paid, with Gondo taken aback, seemingly trying to escape from his pleas, walking back and forth along the curtains.

I also enjoy the CO and Das Boot scenes. The earlier CO bedroom scene with Alex enraptured by Beethoven's 9th almost to a point of frenzy is another great one for me. I haven't watched Das Boot in quite some time, so I can't remember at this moment which other scenes stood out.

Too many great scnenes in Strangelove to list... :)

3. Mousey

Mousey HH's Official Rodent

This scene is from V For Vendetta, The symbolism is absolutely genius and this has to be one of my very favourite movie scenes of all time.

Plus the unforgettable fence scene from Hot Fuzz :D (I love Simon Pegg's Badass side flip at the end :p )

:rofl: :rofl: (From Hot Fuzz as well)

Any of you guys watched Hot Fuzz? If you haven't i DEMAND that you do ;)

4. MythicaL

MythicaL I like computers.

Thanks for posting! :D I love how the first half of High and Low features a composition style where all the characters are in the frame; fantastic.

V for Vendetta... my favorite part is where V uses alliteration in his "speech":

And I love Hot Fuzz! :)

This whole intro scene to 8 1/2:

Always get a kick out of this: