Amd 2400 Xp

Discussion in 'Hardware Discussion & Support' started by gibbon565, Nov 22, 2002.

1. gibbon565

gibbon565 Bouncy BOUNCY!

I was just thinking.... I know it is a stupid question ...lol you probably wondering why I'm asking then ..hehe but do you think that I would notice a significant difference updating from a 1600 XP to a 2400 XP :hmm: :D

2. dipstick

dipstick New Member

With a 600MHz difference, I would guess so:D

3. Renegade[CSR]

Renegade[CSR] New Member

I would recommend waiting for the clawhammer, but if you have the money, go for it.

The 2400+ does have a noticeable performance increase from the 1600+, especially in combination with high quality settings in games.

*Is now mesmarized by the bouncing....bouncy..bouncy* :D

4. HardwareHeaven

HardwareHeaven Administrator Staff Member

yes its well worth the upgrade, considering the price and also considering you will be able to get around 200mhz MORE out of it (2200mhz) without any hardcore cooling.

If you do any sort of intensive work or play games it will be noticeable. I can see a difference moving from my last 2100XP to this CPU (450mhz diff).

5. Zarathustra

Zarathustra Elite Bastard

I only see differences when my CPU speed increases at least 50% if not more. You'd prolly notice more of a difference if you had a really crappy videocard.