AMD Catalyst 10.12 Preview for Vista/7 – Featuring the new Catalyst Control Center

Discussion in 'AMD Graphics Cards' started by MIG-31, Dec 13, 2010.

1. MIG-31

MIG-31 Old time Member.. Staff Member

We’re letting our customers try out the brand new Catalyst Control Center before it’s officially part of the AMD Catalyst package!

- The New Catalyst Control Center enables a simplified user experience to help users get the most out of their AMD product

- Easily enable 3D settings to enhance game image quality

- Setup multiple displays to increase productivity

- Adjust power settings to increase battery life

Download: AMD

Please Note: there are no current release notes at this time.

2. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 10 Grandkids -2 Great-grandsons

Re: AMD Catalyst 10.12 Preview for Vista/7 – Featuring the new Catalyst Control Cente

I've been using this for a few days now. It's actually quite an improvement, IMHO, over the previous GUI. At least -- an important feature for me -- it's RE-SIZABLE! That annoyed me to pieces not being able to re-size the window to my pleasing.

3. OldBuzzard

OldBuzzard DH's oldest Geek

Re: AMD Catalyst 10.12 Preview for Vista/7 – Featuring the new Catalyst Control Cente

Yeah, this time it's actually nicer than the original UI.

Not like the last time when they screwed it up.

4. necrophyte

necrophyte New Member

i just installed the official 10.12 driver on my old notebook with the mobility hd2600, and it installed well, the versions in the information center are correct, but i still have the "old" ccc ui, not the new one. the new one isnt just for radeon 6000, is it?

EDIT: ok, it seems that this new catalyst interface is only available with the preview version for desktops

Last edited: Dec 14, 2010
  5. Liqourice

Liqourice Well-Known Member

At first i didn't like it, then I switched to advanced and now I do like it!

6. IvanV

IvanV HH Assassin Guild Member

10.12a hotfix is out, with very short release notes:
    - AMD Catalyst driver support for systems running Windows® 7 with an AMD Radeon™ HD 69xx series graphics card installed
    - Includes support for 5x1 AMD Eyefinity display configurations

7. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 10 Grandkids -2 Great-grandsons

Anyone using these Preview/Hotfix drivers and having BSODs and/or Crash Dumps try this:

Don't let the monitor/s go into Sleep Mode. Rather, use Screensaver.

I was getting consistent Unexpected System Restarts/BSODs and anywhere from 500 - 700 MB Crash Dumps. I turned on Screensaver and set the option to turn off the monitor/s to Never. Haven't had any of the problems over the past three days since doing this.

8. CJLMTLCA

CJLMTLCA Ti > IT

I JUST rebooted from this. I never use screensavers and turn off "Turn off the display" in power options. I forgot this time around and monitors blacked out after 20mins, heard the fan spinning up on the GPU and had to hard reset the machine.

:annoyed:

9. DarkFoss

DarkFoss Active Member

I installed the 10.12 64bit yesterday after I reboot and log in the screen blanks out after a minute..sometimes it's tan , brown, blue or black...I booted into failsafe and didn't see any gpu hardware/driver related errors..none were reported in the installation log either.

I re-downloaded them in case they were somehow corrupted from a different link...even tried the opencl version same results..I downgraded to the 10.10 and everythings fine.. quite puzzling! Previously I had been running the 10.8 without issue.

Win 7 pro 64 bit Gigabyte 5770 Gigabyte GA-MA785GMT-UD2H bios F10b
    8g Adata 1600G @ 1333 Phenom II 1055T no oc

10. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

interesting 5x1..

would love to get my hands on 2 more of the 23" 2343BWX 2048x1152 monitors so i can turn them all portrait and use them in a 5 run display..

the next thing up from that is 9 monitors..... but i'd prefer at that point... a 82" 2160p 8million pixel lcd

11. iPlayer

iPlayer Filled with noobsauce

^Definitely the 82"@2160p if I had the chance to get either config. It would be larger than 9 of those screens, plus no bezels getting in the way, nor calibration issues.