America #1 ? not after reading this....

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by Warpy, Mar 2, 2005.

1. Turtle

Turtle Banned

I was spit at as a kid, and nearly ran over multiple times?

HAHA
    Good you dumb Fuck!!

2. Gabriel_Etranil

Gabriel_Etranil New Member

Hahhahahahah, damn you assumed it was my fault, shows your personallity right there.

I was spit at by other kids because I was a 6-8 year old kid and wanted to play with the locals.

Second I crossed the street 200+ meters in front of a car and and after I was across he swerved towards the sidewalk and stuck his head out cursing at me calling me a f*cking yank.

So just STFU you dumb f*ck!

3. Koolaid

Koolaid New Member

I must admit .. I cannot give you the names of those leaders. I am not even aware of the leader of Iraq simply because I thought it was still up in the air on who their leader was going to be.

I'd like to think that I am oblivious to these things simply they do not interest me. I am a US citizen not a diplomat/miltia. I vote for the president to hopefully take care of the America and our 'friends'. Maybe I am wrong but I don't have to worry about waking up in a place where I have almost zero rights.

This may be true. But I am certainly happy to live here. I have a nice house good family and if I want something bad enough I can work my way towards getting it. From what I understand there are many countries out there where you should simply be happy to be alive the next day. I think that America has room to grow in the diplomacy area with the rest of the world. But in all actuality we are just a baby nation still.

;)

4. Turtle

Turtle Banned

Hahhahahahah, damn you assumed it was my fault, shows your personallity right there.

I was spit at by other kids because I was a 6-8 year old kid and wanted to play with the locals.

Second I crossed the street 200+ meters in front of a car and and after I was across he swerved towards the sidewalk and stuck his head out cursing at me calling me a f*cking yank.

EXACTLY, you ignorant Imbread Fuck!

Makes me smile when I hear they spit on you.

Fuck up.

5. Koolaid

Koolaid New Member

Damn bro your kinda harsh and its Inbred not Imbread... if your going to insult a person at least spell it right.

6. raid517

raid517 New Member

Now now ease up Turtle... And Koolaid remember it was you who complained that so few Americans were passing comments on the various and diverse affairs of the world. Clearly the problem is not with other people from other county's ability to comment on the affairs of your own country, but with you and other people like you and their inability to comment on the affairs of nations other than their own. America often claims to know what is best for the world, yet very few Americans are aware of what is happening in the world. Don't you think that maybe this is at least an extremely lop sided state of affairs? Simply saying you don't care is at best irresponsible.

Anyway, this isn't the flamewarzone. So I hope some posters will reconsider their language - or that the mods will take steps to tone some of the more inflammatory comments down.

It doesn't take that much effort to try to be a little civil to each other - no matter how much we may dislike each others views on these topics.

GJ

7. Gabriel_Etranil

A. I'm not imbred, I'm mixed there is a difference
    B. I was 6-8 years old
    C. This shows that the problem is not with the Americans it is with you
    D. I'm not a f*ck up
    E. The only way you would say that bad stuff that happend to a kid is a good thing is if your father was a bad man towards you.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2005
  8. raid517

raid517 New Member

You had a few damn Nigerians and Free Congo peacekeepers misbehaving and trading food for whores. Now don't get me wrong, I'm the least racist person you are likely to meet, but the Nigerian Army and Congo armed forces hardly strike me as the most professional or disciplined forces in the world. Anyway they were soldiers. And soldiers do this kind of shit all the time. Or are you trying to tell me that it never happened in Vietnam - or that there isn't more or less an entire city in Korea at this time founded from the (largely abandoned) descendants of mixed American and Korean patents? How exactly do these things happen? Or is it possible that Women around the world somehow manage to fall pregnant at the mere sight of an American GI?

Like I said, one of the biggest proponents of the oil for food program was the US itself, it was pushed heavily by the Clinton administration and supported right up until the very last days before 9/11. So don't tell me that you guys had nothing to do with it. You might not remember it, but that possibly has more to do with your gold fish like powers of concentration than anything that actually occurred in reality.

GJ

9. raid517

raid517 New Member

And can you guys please stop with this silly bickering? It's a pain in the butt to keep getting threads closed every 5 minutes around here.

Calm down for crying out loud!

GJ

10. Koolaid

Koolaid New Member

The difference is I do not pretend to know it all about a person or a particular event in time or place. And the posts above just goes to show how one sided it appears to be. It seems to me that you expect everyone or at least the majority of the US to be politically educated. The problem is I do not believe much of anything I read and only 90% of things I see. If I cant see it then im most likely not to believe it. It may be irresponsible. My point here is and what I still do not understand is why someone would say the things like you saw in the posts above. That is just wrong. In a place 'like this online forum' where I would expect a bit more camaraderie than simple minded remarks from people that should try to be discussing an issue in an intelligent manner- It makes me sad that people feel they have to speak that way to another real person aside from the fact they may be fron another place. But the beauty of it is I still do not have to worry if my views on how my government runs the US is going to get me shot or put in jail.

So I guess I am just call me citizen drone as I go through life with my rose colored glasses ..

I still wouldnt treat anyone like I see people talk about americans in these forums.

11. raid517

raid517 New Member

But there is animosity - and some of it runs deep. And it doesn't come from nowhere. But in any case I agree that a lot of the above comments were extremely over the top. They are normally not allowed in this forum - but I think the mods are all in bed.

All I am trying to do is impress on you that even though you are comfortable in your own little world, that doesn't mean that quite often in the past some fairly awful things haven't been done in your name. I'm not saying all Americans should be politically aware, but a level of even basic awareness would at least be something. You are simply 'choosing' to be bemused by the resentment that your country often generates, rather than attempting to find out why and how that resentment might have been generated. You are choosing effectively to live in a bubble - and I agree that that is your choice. But what this means is you will continue to be surprised when you meet negative reactions from people - or when bad things like 9/11 happen - because you will have no clue why or how these things came to be.

If that is the way you want to live your life, then that really is up to you.

GJ

12. Koolaid

Koolaid New Member

Well your right ...and .. it is quite probable .. no .. most definately my own fault for posting here in the first place-and not being prepared to discuss political history the US has in regards to other countries/people. That being said.. this will be my final post in here..

Be well !

13. Gabriel_Etranil

I hate Clinton, he messed up this country up so much it's not even funny. I never said we had nothing to do with it, I was saying you can't through all the blame solely on the US.

And this is a problem people also have "but that possibly has more to do with your gold fish like powers of concentration" this blanket statement is ridiculous. It's like me saying all Arabs are terrorists and all German's are Nazi's, it's just not true.

And the knowing of every world leader is like us asking you what the current Governer of Idaho is.

14. Warpy

Warpy Well-Known Member

He also screwed up his marriage to an extent, in fact as a leader his example to the people of america was a disgrace, at least his accent matched his brains. :bleh:

15. Pompey

Pompey New Member

There is always a dislike of the current superpower in other nations. The dislike or hatred of america currently felt WORLD WIDE cannot be dismissed as this. How can you claim they (the people that 'hate' anerica) are wrong, brainwashed or jealous when it is not a minority but most of the world. Once again there are allegations of torture and this time, if proven, it will be hard to claim it is not government policy but individuals.

Are we resorting to personal attacks mike2h?

16. mike2h

mike2h New Member

most people/countries hate somebody. right now it is fashionable to hate the u.s. when these people/countries are not hating the u.s. they are hating someone else. some of you guys really need to travel. ethnocentricity is alive & thriving in this world. and as far as religous differences go...
    all the poor sods that have to hate somebody, do. & part of this hatred, no matter who it is directed at is the belief that everybody else shares it.
    if the us ceased to exist today all the people on the 'hate america' bandwagon would jump right on the next available one.

as far as personal attacks go, it was not. it was an observation of posting history with compliments to his knowledge & intelligence. if you see that as a personal attack you have issues.
    i deleted the post because he made a post that i thought was, well contrary to my opinion fo his posting pattern. while this does not invalidate my observations i though it was enough for me to reevaluate my view.

17. wiskerbizkit

wiskerbizkit DH ***** hobo

You know for such a shitty country (US) people sure are obsessed with us. If you hate us so much and we are not literate enough for you why do you care so much?

18. raid517

raid517 New Member

No the point is my friend that you were trying to place the blame on the whole rest of the world - which as I pointed out is simply untrue. You might choose to forget, but that doesn't change any of the actual history of what happened. Don't forget too, that the 'policy of containment' (do you remember that phrase?) was first brought about by George Bush Senior and then supported for the next 10 years by all of the most significant members of the Republican Party, who made literally hundreds of public proclamations through that time as to why invading Baghdad and occupying Iraq would on the whole have been a very bad idea.

And no expecting you to know some of the names of the most prominent world leaders is not like expecting me to know who the Governor of Idaho is. That is like me expecting you to know who the member of Parliament for Ontario is. No one is expecting you to know this. But a basic awareness of some of the issues and main characters in those countries in which you have very frequent dealings (and in one instance you actually invaded) might seem to most people to be at least desirable. How can you say how despicable, poor and undeserving of your time and effort these all of these country's are if you know virtually nothing about them?

It is often attitudes like this that make you appear to be extremely arrogant people. Where you openly and freely admit to knowing very little or nothing about the affairs of the world and the various issues affecting other countries - and then claim to know what is best for everyone; and then tell us how much better off you are because you imagine that you are somehow 'freer' than everyone else. It doesn't matter if this fits with the reality - because as I said, a lot of you guys are often only too happy to admit that you don't have the vaugest notion of what the reality is.

Well maybe it's because you have your fingers in so many pies. Maybe it's because you have had such a big impact (and not always good) in the world over the last 60 years or so, maybe it's because, without knowing very much about the other parts of the world, you appear to feel only too ready to interfere in their affairs, or maybe it's because you claim to care about freedom, yet you have cozied up (and continue to do so) with some of the most brutal, murderous and barbaric dictators in history? Or maybe its because of your unfair trading practices that lock out any real competition and force small producers and countries around the world to accept your second class produce at grossly inflated prices? Why do people dislike your government? (I think it's unfair to say that they just dislike all Americans). Well now let me see... Yep, it's a mystery alright.

Anyway, this isn't going anywhere. This thread isn't a debating thread - it's a baiting thread. It seems designed only to cause conflict and division. I wonder how long it will be before it manages to get itself closed?

GJ

19. Falstaff

Falstaff Old Codger

where or where is all this going?....LOL

20. Vikingod

Vikingod Int'l Fish Liaison

LOL, the same place all of these types of threads go... over to another thread about the exact same thing. They should all be merged into one giant ":w00t:I Hate/Love the USA thread (sponsered by Warpy):w00t:".

Make sure its in the flame zone, lol.