American Thinks.....

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by Shwompy, Jan 3, 2005.

1. Shwompy

Shwompy New Member

Why do we think we are the best... Why do we think we have it all....

I think America is what you call it full of themselves.... I sit at school and listen to people bad mouth other countries and i say why.... They talk about how poor they are and shit an make fun of there livining. They cant afford everything like we can, and still we cant afford it but they arent stupid and cause there economy to be in total Debt...

Why do we think we are the super power... We are yes one of the most advanced military systems around and one of the most powerfull nations but we do have limits.... Are forgein policy states and this was changed back in the day, maybe around Nixtons term. WE are a OPEN nation. meaning that if anything that is not the way we like it we will try and fix it.... Pretty much thats what we are doing now with the War in Iraq.

For 1 thing i know, Americans think they have it all... I think we dont, we have a terrible society, some of the shows on tv are terrible... I cant believe are country is drivin to these lengths for entertainment. Us Americans need alot of help to fuix are economy and everything else that is messed up.....

When i am 18 personally and in College i will prob be moving out of the USA to Canada or someothere place.... These are just my opinions and dont get to angry over them

Also im iin a blank right now, i had more to say and how to say it better but i lost it..

Last edited: Jan 3, 2005
  2. Iridium

Iridium New Member

It is good that you are trying to make a "political" statement and all. But you need to base opinions on people that are a little older than highschool age I think. Blanket statements as a rule are bad, bad things. Try "American Teenagers Think" etc. Talk about the group you know about. Good for you for at least "thinking" like most of them at that age really don't do. I have a sister-in-law that is 16 and OMG..I would love to give her a good.. :annoyed: :annoyed: :annoyed: sometimes.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2005
  3. Shwompy

Shwompy New Member

YEa thats true i should have put that, but alot of my older friends in college and my parents friends say stuff like that, but not as much, they know better. I duno i thought i would speak alittle bit.

4. Sandok

Sandok New Member

I'm not pro american and say anything to make the US look good but they DO have almost everything. I mean, the freedom, the life, the style. It's something many many other countrys don't have. The reason they "think" (and are) a superpower? Because us europeans fought twice in WWs and we made the US a power (endetted ourselves, made uncle sam rich). [​IMG]

5. Shwompy

Shwompy New Member

Are live is not what you would call great.. Why woundent Iraq want to take are Style Government. It is terrible what American People do to each other. They are still Extremly Racist and we have people cutting one another open and stealing the babie from inside... Although we do have the freedom, that is one great thing. Me i am a Middle Class Citizen, we get by on the hardest possible way. My parents have jobs and the kids in the family do.. to help pay for there needs... Life as people see it in America is great but under it all it really isint.

Im not a very good writer so you see that everything is vvery speard and not put together well..

6. drakesteakn

drakesteakn boo!!!!

Just becuase we can get anything, doesnt be we are so great. i personally think this counrty has gone over the edge. we want things in life, sometime so bad that we kill and steal from eachother. Our govt. has gotten to much power and no longer care about what our country needs,and care more about their own. Our president makes it look like thats what Americans want but really we don't know what we need.

7. TJ-

TJ- New Member

America is a country where the rich get richer and the poor get poorer. Big companies run everything. The government controls you. If you are not with them you are against them, and are classified as a terrorist.

8. drakesteakn

drakesteakn boo!!!!

not as a terrorist, but as a problem. and easily taken care of.

9. Iridium

Iridium New Member

I am neither with or against them and I am not a terrorist, I am a democrat. I make my own living and my own opportunities. I have never had the opportunity to attend a 4 year college but because of my personal work ethic and hard work and self sufficiency in teaching myself what i need to know, I would say that I have become successful. I have never been handed anything in life. Everything I have, I worked my ass off for. And I will contiune to do so without whining or blaming other people for my shortcomings. And because of my hard work and a company who invests in it's employees, I will be able to get my 4 year degree, and a masters, and a doctorate if I so choose, free of charge. You only get out of life what you put into it. Good for the US if there are places that reward you for hard work.

10. BWX

BWX get out and ride

Brainwashing them young now days.. :rolleyes:

the Europeans "made" the US a power? Ok, which fictional book did you find that "fact" in?

11. Shwompy

Shwompy New Member

What does that mean?

12. Warpy

Warpy Well-Known Member

America is home of the 'Proud', so anything I read that is in objection to their country or way of life is taken a 'Flame', you can see this by the reaction of "American's" in this post. To be totally for your country no matter what is naive and just plain stupid, it's also a demostration of absolute ignorance.

I am English and don't have an opinion on the Bush Administration, other than they are business men and women that are the same as you and I, except they have the power to destroy or preserve life. At the end of the day the business world is about the $$, popularity and success.

I have been to America four times and throughly enjoyed it, the people that I met were very friendly, my wife is Hawaiian which makes her kinda American I guess, but I dont think the information that we as the public are exposed too, is enough to make an accurate judgement. Other than what is factual.

13. Shwompy

Shwompy New Member

I still love my country, there are just some flaws to it that could conclude to not having this country anymore. Things are ok in the us now, but alot of people are pressured and want things done right away... We need to take are time and finish everything we already started...

I have lots of pride in being an American and my life is good, it could be better but there are always things you have to work for.

Are society here is pretty bad, but that is a problem that us Americans need to work on are Selves...

Yes some people are very nice... Depending on who you meet...

14. BWX

BWX get out and ride

Everyone should be proud of their country. It has nothing to do with being American.

I doubt the high school kid is mature enough to make his/her own decisions about the way he feels bout his country, especially mature enough to form the opinion that he/she wants to move out of the country because of political reasons..

Don't run away, running is for cowards, stay here and fight to change if you don't like the way it is.. Educate yourself, question everything so called "adults" tell you.. DON'T BELIEVE THE HYPE AND BS being fed to you by our insanely warped school system.

There are millions of people that would die to be in your position, thousands have died to give you the freedom to type that post.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2005
  15. Dom

Dom New Member

I agree with you except on the government controlling me. Being an American and against the American government makes you a domestic terrorist.

16. BWX

BWX get out and ride

Vote.

17. Falstaff

Falstaff Old Codger

being against America is one thing, disagreeing with America is another.

18. Warpy

Warpy Well-Known Member

I wouldnt know about being a domestic terrorist, I live in Australia.

19. CDsDontBurn

CDsDontBurn AMD & Petrol Heads Mod

here in America, the middle class is what makes up a large part of our political society. If you don't vote, you won't be heard. If you are heard, then you can make at least attempt to make the changes you want.

20. Shwompy

Shwompy New Member

Well im not running from this, i was thinking of moving to canada because of i have alot of realitives and friends up there and its just nicer then good old Chicago. But i was accepted into the Marines over Chistmas break.. and I will be in bootcamp in the summer and then return back to school for a few semesters and then be shipped out.. yes i know i am still young and it is Great to be young nothing to worrie about... but are world is changing and you know this. younger kids are getting mature faster, Voting more and doing anything possible to help out...

I wrote in this forum to just speak my peice. it my not be the most politicial or most correct, but its just what i thought.. But no one will ever agree with a younger person because we dont have this and that... Do you know how hard it is to have someone listen to a 17 year old? It is practiicly impossible.

And yes are highschool systems are garbadge. they are like day care centers for teenagers.