america's army

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by skinlab, Jul 5, 2002.

1. skinlab

skinlab Got Satan?

problems with game:

1) you have to register it on their site to be able to play - this had to be done at 12:01 Central (so 4:01 Eastern)
    2) you cannot progress through the missions if you do not upload your data
    3) uploading data is IMPOSSIBLE at this time - i tried it about 4 times, losing an excellent rank (since everytime you want to upload you have to go through that mission again)
    4) not being able to upload means you have to replay the first training mission about a million times before logging in is possible - no one knows how long this will be
    5) you can't play online without gamespy
    6) you can't play online if you dont have a gamespy account - this will cost you $20... wooptidoo.
    7) the game sucks with ATi cards - i'm running an R8500, 1024x768 is all screwed up, the game will be in windowed mode, even if you select full screen and exit and restart the game. it will only work right in 800x600, which is the default resolution. im not surprised though, the game starts off by showing an Nvidia logo saying "the way it's meant to be played"... a little shameless plug there.
    8) UT engine? say what now?

2. Matrix

Matrix New Member

looks like a nice game tho i dont like gamespy and things like that..
    but ill handle that like all players will :)
    GJ usa nice game :p nice idea of a game :D

3. brc64

brc64 Zeeky H. Bomb

Actually, that's only for a "premium" account or something like that. You can get a Gamespy account for free and still be able to play the game online.

As for the thing about ATI cards, it runs great on my 8500DV, but I'm keeping it at 800x600 since that's what I run all my games at. Anything higher and things start to look "artificial" to me. 800x600 is perfect.

- Me

4. GravY

GravY Master Shake

1024x768 full everything runs smooth..