An Instrumental By Me

Discussion in 'Powered by kX' started by thomasabarnes, Feb 19, 2006.

1. thomasabarnes

thomasabarnes Long Time ***** Friend

Hi all:

Since a number of kX users have been posting links to instrumental music they have made, I thought I'd share this short instrumental I made. I have more full songs with vocals, but I just have to finish them.

Anyway, this one is called A Quick Sigh Of Relief.

Here's the link: My Songs

Cya all around.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2006
  2. TravelRec.

TravelRec. Alternative Audioproductions

Nice theme Thomas - a bit too much GeneralMidi-like for my taste, but nice to make a cool song of finally.

3. Maddogg6

Maddogg6 Tail Razer

I think Im hearing influence from that game you mentioned before.. hehe :)

Please post more as you progress.... its too short :(

4. thomasabarnes

TravelRec:

Yes, most instruments are GM type, but after maddogg6's last song posted, I thought I'd post an instrumental, too. I will hopefully, get some full songs posted soon. Thanks for the complement, and it's good to see you.:)

Maddogg6:

hehe This is not like something from The Legend Of Zelda. I decided to post this because of your last post of that instrumental you made for your father and mother.

Thanks for listening Gents.:)

5. trevbushell

trevbushell New Member

hi thomas..

thanx for posting

yeah i would say a little too midi for me.. but graet start and i like the guitar riff alot... kep going on it and replace some of the midi stuff with better sounds id say?

and i would have to disagree.......instrumentals dont have to sound midi gm.. listen to my songs, theyre all instrumental!

hey i liked throw it out... really wierd!!! is that your voice??? if so, very impressive!!

songwriter is REALLY GOOD my favourite, nice bass line! great drum fill in the middle of it!!! if you changed a couple of the midi instruments to something more convincing it would be a SMASHER!!! i really love it, really catchy!!!!

edit- MY WIFE AGREES SHE LOVES SONGWRITER TOO!!

edit- oops i read it wrong...when you said "Yes, most instruments are GM type" youre just saying that your instruments were gm midi not that midi instruments all sound gm!

6. thomasabarnes

trevbushell:

LOL, right I'm saying most instruments in this instrumental are GM type. Sorry but I like using the basic instruments. I wish I could be as good as Earth, Wind, & Fire.

Thanks for the compliments, man. Maybe it means, I have potential.:)

I'm working on getting better. Hope I get this new job I'm going through the application process for (it's a criminal justice related job, so long application process), then I can get a new PC and the stuff I need to do better music production.

Anyway glad you and your wife took time to listen, like I said, I'm working on getting better. You make some really nice music, so I hope to get as good or better, hehe.

Thanks trevbushell for listening and the complement on SongWriter. Hope you stay around. Youre a asset to the kX community.:)

BTW, I'm loosing my Internet connection in April or late March, so if you dont see me around for some months, that's why. If I get this new job, I'll be back in 3 or 4 months after I disappear. Cya all, it's been nice mingling with you all.:)

Oh yeah, forgot to mention, I do all the singing and playing on most of my stuff. Sometimes some relatives do some of the singing, but not in anything I have posted here.

7. trevbushell

trevbushell New Member

thanx i plan to stay around here. i only really post in this 'powered by' topic as it really interests me what people have done!! i love kx but im not too hot on how it wokrs really... i just use the basics thro 'fx src's' and dont have time or the technical know how to experiment with it to release its full potential! kx and i have a bitter sweet relationship... i love it but i get frustrated with the inability to do things i know it can do but dont understand enough to do it!!!

anyway have a nice "kx holiday" and look forward to your future posts. yourll be missed, and good luck with your interviews!!
    trev