Analog Devices ADI 198x Integrated Audio Driver for Vista

Discussion in 'Windows & Other OS Discussion & Support' started by move_ahead, Dec 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. move_ahead

move_ahead New Member

Help! I'm looking for ADI 198x Integrated Audio driver - Vista for my Dell Optiplex GX520. Tried loading ones off the Dell site using XP but had no luck. Need a driver that will work with Vista. Any help would be appreciated.

2. PrEzEs

PrEzEs DriverHeaven User

Code:
    ftp://ftp.compaq.com/pub/softpaq/sp30501-31000/SP30738.exe
    for AD198X VISTA

try them. not tested by me

3. MartynGB

MartynGB New Member

I have installed the DELL drivers to Windows Server Longhorn, so they should work under Vista. First download and start the install; this will expand the drivers to "C:\DELL\DRIVERS\R78477", but the install will then fail with unsupported OS message. Now go to Vista Device manager, right click on the sound card and "Update Drivers". In the drivers update wizard select "Search My computer for drivers" then Browse to the directory containing the extracted drivers "C:\DELL etc". Be sure to check the "SEARCH SUBDIRECTORIES checkbox! Vista should then search these drivers and load the appropriate Vista drivers.

4. Gav_

Gav_ New Member

I downloaded the ADI "R58182.EXE":

http://ftp.us.dell.com/audio/R58182.EXE

...from Dells support site. It is the driver for XP on a Dimension 8300. Install / unzip it (if you run the install it will say not for this opperating system). Uninstall the current "silent" audio driver (requires reboot). Go into the device manager, right click the now uninstalled audio device and update the driver. Point it to "C:\dell\drivers\R58182\SMAXWDM\W2K_XP".

Will work instantly. Sorted.

5. clicker666

clicker666 New Member

Yeah, this method seems to work. I discovered it by trial and error with my 7 year old TV card. I extracted the Creative XP version drivers, then manually did an update drivers for each one. Bingo - working dinosaur TV card. (I'll be buying a nice new one though - I've gotten my money's worth out of the old one for sure.)

6. yaseecbe

yaseecbe New Member

Help: I am trying to find the audio drivers for "adi 198x intergrated sound for dell gx620 runing vista". My error message is "no audio output device is installed"

7. asarfoabeb

asarfoabeb New Member

I'm new in this forum and just want to take a minute to say hello to all .

8. asarfoabeb

asarfoabeb New Member

Analog Devices ADI 198x Integrated Audio Driver for Vista
    I'm in the same problem but my PC is Dell Optiplex GX 270. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Help! I'm looking for ADI 198x Integrated Audio driver - Vista for my Dell Optiplex GX520. Tried loading ones off the Dell site using XP but had no luck. Need a driver that will work with Vista. Any help would be appreciated.

9. Mac Daddy

Mac Daddy New Member

Welcome to DH asarfoabeb :)

You might have better luck finding answers by starting your own thread. This one is 3 years old.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.