Android Doesn't Scare Apple

Discussion in 'News Discussion' started by Tahir Khan, May 12, 2010.

1. Tahir Khan

Tahir Khan Hardware Geek

Read Full Story Here.

The might Apple has stated it is not scared of the threat of Android in the mobile market space

2. blown503

blown503 New Member

anything to get away from the slow, locking up apple iphone for me.

3. Mousey

Mousey HH's Official Rodent

I think Apple should be afraid, Android's about to explode, There's more applications, Less restrictions, better optimisation, more handset choice, more modifications that can be made ect. ect.
    The iPhone OS is already showing it's age, Everyone's bored of the cliché menu screen now and are switching to Android which allows you to customise it how you want instead of re-arranging things

4. thunderclap

thunderclap New Member

I love my iPhone (for the most part) but hate AT&T. The last three weeks I can't keep a 3G signal in my house. Calls drop after 2-3 minutes. It's ridiculous considering I'm spending $125 a month for the service. Since my contract is up in July I've started looking at the Droid and the Droid Incredible. Really impressive phone. If Apple doesn't release the iPhone to Verizon by then I'm definitely switching to an Android based phone. It seems to work very well.

5. Liqourice

Liqourice Well-Known Member

Of course they're afraid, that's why they're saying they aren't....

6. Gastrian

Gastrian New Member

$125 per month? Dear god I hope they give you someone to make your phonecalls for you for that much a month.

One of our top end packages of £60 ($89) a month include the iPhone for free, 1200 minutes, unlimited texts, 750MB mobile internet browsing, 750MB open WiFi usage plus 20MB max speed home internet with unlimited usage and a free Wi-Fi router.

The only real catch is that you are tied to a two year contract.

7. thunderclap

thunderclap New Member

This is the standard package. There is a smaller one for, I think, $20 less. I get for $125 900 minutes, rollover minutes, 500 text messages, data service... I think that's it.

8. Necrosis

Necrosis Well-Known Member

Yeah we basically get screwed over here for wireless pricing. Though the new Sprint everything plan for $69.99 is nice. Just too bad they don't have their 4G around yet for many areas. The new Android phone coming out soon for 4G will be sweet.

9. Gastrian

Gastrian New Member

I heard you guys don't have much competition out there. Originally Apple only had an exclusive deal with one of our carriers but the French and two other EU countries ruled that these deals (especially considering the popularity of the iPhone) were anti-competitive and Apple had to go with other carriers. The UK now has at least three networks selling the iPhone as well over 5 major networks covering the other smartphones such as Android.

10. SeraphicSorcerer

SeraphicSorcerer Well-Known Member

Yea AT&T rapes us here in the states, we pay for data, text, and voice all seperately. It's bullshit, always has been, It's "capitalism" at it's worst, and greediest, text doesn't cost them anything but they charge you 20$ for unlimited. 30$ for "unlimited" data, then like 70 dollars for a decent voice plan. Yea, but see, the reason apple isn't worried is because they are only tapping 1 market, AT&Ts. Droid is tapping all markets, which is how they are outselling.