android or windows mobile!!

Discussion in 'Smartphone & Tablets Discussion / Support' started by Ishank, May 27, 2012.

1. Ishank

Ishank New Member

Hey guys I am going to buy a phone for Rs. 150000 here in india!!!! But i am confused in between android or windows mobile!!!! I am using samsung galaxy y and i liked android os!!!!!

1.I don't want to blow money on third party applications!

2. I don's have a permanent high speed net on my phone but when i am at home i use a wifi connection!!!!

3. I also want ease of use!!!!

This is all I can tell you!!!! Please help me.............and i have never ever used windows phone ...........and if i will buy android it will be sony ericssion neo v and if windows phone it will be samsung focus.....THANKS

2. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 10 Grandkids -2 Great-grandsons

I'm using Samsung GalaxyS Epic and Android.

I have many, many apps...and haven't paid for any of them.

For much of anything else I may want to check out, I can do it via Internet/Google on the phone for free. ;-)

3. Liqourice

Liqourice Well-Known Member

I don't know about the market for windows phone apps but there's plenty of free apps for Android. I haven't paid for anyone either and I have everything that I need or want. I find this app hysteria somewhat exhaggerated, you really don't need apps for everything and absolutely not just because it's avaliable.

I'm perfectly happy with my Android phone. It does everything I want and a bit more. If you're already comfortable with Android maybe that's a better choise? I know to little about the windows phones to really say anything about them other then that I don't like the look of it. :p

4. Reckless187

Reckless187 New Member

Android all the way for me. Way more customisation options.

5. ET3D

ET3D Hopeless Dreamer

I haven't used Windows Phone, though from everything I've read it's pretty decent. Still, I think that ease of use is not a huge problem with current phones. Android has enough customisation options (though apps) that you can pretty much tailor your phone to suit you. That said, there are still phones with very old versions of Android being sold, so make sure you don't fall for one of those.

6. AF87

AF87 New Member

pls don't go with window phone...I tried it for couple of weeks...you will loose all your nervs with using it...the usability sucks real bad...

7. Reckless187

Reckless187 New Member

My friend bought his sis a windows phone and he said there were hardly any free apps available and there isn't that many available to begin with.

8. Teme

Teme Super Moderator

I have found a lot of free app's. Perhaps it's country related issue. ;)

9. evti

evti New Member

Android will be better.

10. Teme

Teme Super Moderator

Why?

11. Jaswinder

Jaswinder New Member

Android is Better then windows phone

Coz you can upgrade your Android phone easily.
    but after launch windows 8, all windows phone is not able to upgrade with windows 8.
    and windows 8 operating system is not user friendly yet.

12. Mousey

Mousey HH's Official Rodent

It doesn't get much friendlier than massive tiles to access everything :hmm:
    Windows Phone usually recieves more universal upgrades that keeps an entire product line up to date at once but Android is still a victim of very heavy fragmention, If you're wanting to stay closer to the bleeding edge i'd recommend Windows Phone, But if you're after a more modifiable platform i'd recommend Android :)

If you don't mind voiding warranties Ect you can always root and rom the majority of Android devices, my Optimus 2x from LG that was released back in 2011 still runs like a champ on the official 4.0 update but if i feel more like running Jellybean i can install CM10.1 and suffer through some of the problems with it

13. rayagepj

rayagepj New Member

i guess if you have started with android its wise to stick with it. why should you change? i am happy with the amount of apps available and i would not want to spend again time to find comparable apps for windows again.

14. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 10 Grandkids -2 Great-grandsons

Android most definitely. But, let me tell you this: If you don't have a decent carrier, it's worthless!

I'm counting down to when I can drop this horrible Sprint experience and get with a company that can provide decently consistent service.

15. WPengine

WPengine New Member

See there is one point difference between Android and Windows Phone 8. I might like WP8 and other may no love it as much. There are features that makes windows phone awesome but there are features where you would feel restrictive. I recommend you watch a lot of videos before making up your mind.

16. Mr Cairo

Mr Cairo Require backup .... NO

I had android on my last 2 phones (bboth samsung) but was interested in the Lumina 900 for my last upgrade

against my better judgment I switched from android to windows .....

1 month later I cant wait to switch back ... there isnt even a free Angry Birds

17. Takaharu

Takaharu Unus offa, unus iuguolo

Yup, I'm with the general consensus on this one; go with Android.

Windows Phone systems aren't really that well thought out in my opinion. One of the biggest gripes that I had with it when I was looking at WP7 originally was that any of the applications that you do no have as a tile on the homescreen becomes a part of a (potentially) very long list of applications. Yes, there's a search feature but do you really want to have to search for every application that isn't at the top of the list?

The "feature" that I thought was, well, a small gripe to be fair but a tad annoying to me was that when you get a text message come through on your phone the messaging tile shows a wink to illustrate an unread message. If you've had a message recently it's a smile. If you haven't received a text message recently you get a frown.
    I phone people more than I text so I reckon I'd have a frown greeting me every time that I looked at my phone.

More importantly, whenever you look around websites they'll often have a smartphone app of some description. As far as I've seen the majority of sites will cater for Android and iOS but only the bigger sites tend to have a Windows app as well.

I think the phone systems are pretty much like red vs blue when comparing iPhone and Android then Windows comes along as yellow.
    Personally, I have an iPhone but that's merely because I get on well with the system. I don't praise iOS, nor do I criticize Android or their users. Windows Phone I really don't like.

One last thing, Microsoft have not been known to make the most appealing of decisions recently. Not to pick out specific incidents but just pointing out that they have made decisions that were unfavourable to the public. The phone operating system could also be a candidate.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2013
  18. Mr Cairo

Mr Cairo Require backup .... NO

another thing that I don't like if i am taking a call and a text message arrives the text message alert sound will play over the call and so far i have not found a way to disable that

19. WPengine

WPengine New Member

OP said he didnt really care about third party apps. If you look at WP8, it's a very stable and solid OS which never crashes. I encourage people to make the switch. Windows Phone 8 is underrated.

20. Nathan23

Nathan23 New Member

I am using both android and windows phone.But i think the android is more easy to use for me than the windows phone.