Anna Nichole Smith - Dead

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by MrSpock2002, Feb 9, 2007.

1. MrSpock2002

MrSpock2002 Because I said so!

I just saw it on the news. I can't say I'm sad... But it's still a life, and I figured some of you might be interested to know.

2. MrSpock2002

3. DudeBoyz

DudeBoyz banned

What a tragic figure.

Very sad, especially given she just had a baby. :(

4. Vikingod

Vikingod Int'l Fish Liaison

It is sad, I wonder what will come of the child. As I understand it, there is a pretty fierce custody dispute between the father and her. I hope it works out for the best.

5. DudeBoyz

DudeBoyz banned

I would like to see her sister get to raise the child. They don't know which of the 2 dudes is the dad, but I kinda doubt either one is well qualified to be a dad - they seem more like hangers-on, you know?

6. LHC

LHC Stingy and Stubborn

More interested to find out how she died..

7. ronnn

ronnn New Member

very sad - did she ever get that money from the kinky old guy?

8. Vikingod

Vikingod Int'l Fish Liaison

I'd bet my last dollar it's drugs. :(

9. DudeBoyz

DudeBoyz banned

10. ronnn

ronnn New Member

11. DudeBoyz

DudeBoyz banned

Well, it is sort of up in the air still. Silly courts.

Based on what I have seen and read over the years, it seems that she has basically been taken advantage of and exploited her whole life. 16 years old, abusive husband, early child, had to become a dancer to make ends meet, and that's where she met her future Husband, Mr. Marshall, who simply let her know that he wanted to spend the rest of his life with a young, beautiful woman who would care for him and make him happy, and that's what they ended up doing. Then his greedy kids tried to keep her from any inheritance.

It was cool that she got a bit more independent and stood up for herself, eventually doing Playboy, which she called "empowering". From all indications she was a very good mother and she was doing ok, until the stress of the Marshall trial started to eat away at her self confidence.

The abuses she had to stomach in court seemed to really hit her hard - the claims, accusations, name calling, etc. So, she ended up feeling bad about herself and seeking solace in food. Then perscription anti-depression medication, then it looks like something harder after she did the reality show.

It's ironic that the reality show she hoped would endear her to fans brought her even more criticism, this time from the very people she looked to for adoration and support. They just hammered her for her weight gain - mercilessly too. That drove her to TrimSpa and it seems some hardcore diet pills. Then, she got pregnant and things totally spun out of control, it appears. She spent all that effort getting thin again, then gained weight during her pregnancy, then very tragically, her son died, and now her.

It is an incredibly sad story, at least to me, and she certainly has my sympathies.

12. zaim

zaim Well-Known Member

R.i.p.

13. SFOSOK

SFOSOK 939 Goin Strong

Eh, I didn't know her so I can't say I feel bad

14. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

Didn't she sell photos of her dead son few days after he died?

15. DudeBoyz

DudeBoyz banned

I don't believe she sold any. The pics were from hospital and ambulance personnnel, I believe, and one of the hospital workers "borrowed" them and got them to the press, if I remember right. She was too drugged up to do much of anything, apparently, with hospital drugs. It was a tough birth and then her sons death just had her in a daze with sedatives. :(

Last edited: Feb 9, 2007
  16. MrSpock2002

I feel bad for her new born daughter. But to be honest I had no respect for Anna. I think the shit she did in her life, and the way she did things were not honorable at all. I never saw how people thought she was as gorgous as they did.

17. DudeBoyz

DudeBoyz banned

I'm just trying to apply sympathy to the suffering of a fellow human being. I don't want to revel in her misery or misfortune, I just can't get into feeling good about other peoples suffering in cases like this. Flawed or not, she wasn't a murdering child abuser or anything - just a sad figure who seemed to struggle to find her way. I can't hold that against her.

18. pr0digal jenius

pr0digal jenius Delete Me

i feel bad for her, but fail to see this as "news"

it's "news" [and front page CNN News at that] when someone with 88 bazillion dollars dies.

When someone of "normal" income dies...it might possibly make a small traffic jam when the funeral procession drives by at best.

*hates the media's fixation on rich/popular folks*

19. DudeBoyz

DudeBoyz banned

I kind of agree with you there. Too much attention paid to getting rich and famous instead of helping bring up those who work hard but don't get the breaks, or opporunities.

I'm not into forceful weath re-distribution, but it does bum me that there is such a big gap between the haves and the have nots.

20. Teme

Teme Super Moderator

Yeah that's very sad indeed. I hope she is now in peace in some where better place. Despite the ways how he lived his life...