annoying Problem with Frontpanel

Discussion in 'PAX Download - PCIe X-Fi Series' started by TheCatweazle, Feb 13, 2012.

1. TheCatweazle

TheCatweazle New Member

I have an really annoying problem with the Frontpanel of my PCIe X-Fi Fatalty Champion card. Everything works really fine with your Titanium Driver Suite 1.30 and the newest tweak.ini.
    The only thing that doesn't work any longer is the Mixer Tab in the Creative Console. Or maybe I should say, it works, but only half. I miss half of the options which refer to the Frontpanel. It's really hard to explain. Maybe the Picture will show you the Problem I have. I attached a picture how it looks. Also the Control LED's for X-Fi CMS, X-Fi Crystalizer and SVM on the frontpanel are no longer working.
    The Frontpanel in generell works. When I attach my Headset to the Frontpanel I hear sound and the Micro is working. It looks like the Frontpanel is not correct recognized by the Driver. I never had any issues of this kind with your older Suites. Is there maybe any switch with which I can tell the driver that there is an Frontpanel? Or maybe the new drivers from Creative are causing this problem?! I reinstalled the suite about five times now, with Deinstallation, Driversweeper and so on, but the problem still exists.

Maybe you have any Idea what can be the cause for this problem.

Are there probably others who have the same problem?

Attached Files:

2. Robert McClelland

Robert McClelland I'm An Uncle for 2nd time Staff Member

3. TheCatweazle

TheCatweazle New Member

AW: Re: annoying Problem with Frontpanel

No, I never updated the product from Creative-Update. I only installed your Titanium Suite. I always canceled the Update which pop up after the next restart.

4. Robert McClelland

Product Identification Module Update well you need that to make console launcher work right.

5. TheCatweazle

TheCatweazle New Member

AW: Re: annoying Problem with Frontpanel

Ah, okay. Now I understand you. No, I never used this. And I thought you meant the "Creatice Software AutoUpdate". I will download the Product Identification Module Update right now and test it. I will post the result later.

Now I have installed the Product Identification Module Update and then I tried to run Creatice Software AutoUpdate. But it hang. I tried it three times now and the program Software AutoUpdate is definiteley not running on my machine. Crappy piece of software. By the way, I have installed Windows 7 Ultimate (64-bit) with 12GB Ram. If you need any other information let me know.

And I have no issues with my Creative Console. Everything works fine except my frontpanel. I had come to think it have something to to with the latest Creative beta drivers. Before they come into your suite I had never this annoying problem. But its only a feeling. I can't exactly pindown the time when the problems begun.
    Thats the problem. And I don't want to install my system new because I installed it only 3 Month ago and I don't have the time for it...

Last edited: Feb 15, 2012
  6. Robert McClelland

Did you try the Iolo System Mechanic? I been using for years never have issue.

7. TheCatweazle

TheCatweazle New Member

AW: annoying Problem with Frontpanel

sorry for the delay, but I had too much work to do...

Nope, I don't know The Iolo System Mechanic...

And now, here comes the big surprise. Yesterday, when I booted my PC the Led's of the Front Panel are working again. And the Mixer is also how it should be (see the picture)... I personally don't believe that my PC has selfhealing cabalities... I think there is something really strange with this drivers from creative. And I believe, when I update the drivers the next time, it's all back to nonfunctioning...

but I will try Iolo the next time I do this...and many thanks for your efforts...

Attached Files:

8. Robert McClelland

np go iolo.com download free trial give it a go :) I also used Iobit too.

9. Prisma01

Prisma01 New Member

AW: annoying Problem with Frontpanel

I have an annoying problem, too.
    Everything works but I can't choose speakers anymore (2/2.1 or 5.1).
    There was a dropdown box but now the arrow is missing to drop down the list.