Anti-Rape Condom. Nightmares Ensue

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by nerdrock, Nov 10, 2006.

1. nerdrock

nerdrock New Member

KLEINMOND, South Africa - A South African inventor unveiled a new anti-rape female condom on Wednesday that hooks onto an attacker’s penis and aims to cut one of the highest rates of sexual assault in the world.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9145415/

This article is saddening , frightening, and hilarious all at the same time. Think of the possibilities! :eek:

2. Dowaco

Dowaco New Member

Prevention would seem to be a better strategy, a chastity belt rather than a bear trap.

But the possibilitiers are endless. What about coating the barbs with a neurotoxin that immobilizes the attacker until police arrive.

3. pr0digal jenius

pr0digal jenius Delete Me

sounds like it'll just get them beaten instead of raped to me

4. MiDri

MiDri New Member

Black market doctors are going to be making a hell of a comeback in africa!

5. Vikingod

Vikingod Int'l Fish Liaison

rape is actually a serious problem in africa, something like 1/5 women in some areas. Plant the seed that this is what will happen when you rape someone, and you might be surprised how many women this saves.

6. OmegaRED

OmegaRED Relapsed Gamer

If it's painful enough I think any rapist will be too shocked at what's going on down below to attack the woman further. Such a thing would be disastrous in Western countries where it could be abused but in Africa I think it's a worth trying.

7. SFOSOK

SFOSOK 939 Goin Strong

This would probably end up in women getting stabbed to death.

8. Warhammer

Warhammer New Member

How many women would use this as revenge think about it how embarasing would it be to go and have it removed and how would you explain it.

9. dj_stick

dj_stick Apple Fanboy?

I don't think anyone would volunteer for that

but it's sad that suck a thing like this is actually necessary…

true, it could be abused, but i can see a real need for this in a place like africa

10. TJ-

TJ- New Member

rape is the last thing they should worry about, being murdered is the first thing. Its a dangerous fuckin place here espically for a white dude.

11. Tinkerhell

Tinkerhell Not all fairies are nice.

Would end up getting the woman beaten or killed.
    I don't know anything about the statistics but I bet most of the rapes are either committed under threat of injury - they guy has a knife or gun - or it's a gang thing. Either way if I were sick enough to rape someone and I got "trapped" I think I could manage to maintain enough presence of mind to either stab or pull a trigger on the woman that dared to do this to me (speaking with the mentality I imagine a rapist must have). Heaven help her if its a gang thing. The rest of the bangers will laugh their ass off at the first guy & then likely really mess the woman up after they have all had their fun with her. She wouldn't live. It is a problem no matter how you look at it. I do applaud someone for trying something. It might not be the best answer but at least it's an attempt.

12. Maddogg6

Maddogg6 Tail Razer

I predict...
    The rapists will just learn how to detect and remove them, and still beat or kill the victom.

Or sodomize the victom instead (only prevents an unwanted pregnancy - not AIDs)

Or they'll start killing the surgeons too before the law is called in (can africa afford to loose any medical professionals, much less skilled surgeons??).. So Id think surgeons will begin to refuse to treat them and attempt to send the 'rapist' on their way - and... well I doubt they'll leave quietly.

And they'll call in the same law enforcement who failed to 'protect and serve' to begin with. ?? (doesnt give me confidence the intended actions will take place on their part.. I thought much of africas problems like this were from corrupt law enforcment to begin with..?? but I could be wrong.)

Children may become more at risk to attacks now too.

Not to mention the potential (ab)use of it by a skorned woman whos man she suspected of cheating on her.?

By definition of 'catching criminals' - means they are one step ahead of law enforcement for at least some period of time. And we have seen that failed 'attempts' can have disastrously negitive results/side effects.

Besides - if it does work - they have the perp - and not neccessarily the victom - and here - still, no charges would be pressed until the victom points out their assailant anyway - maybe not so in africa??..

I'd think focus on prevention would be more effective. Like train them to defend them selves, never go anywhere alone, better law enforcement to catch offenders etc..

But I do hope Im wrong ... cuz its prolly gonna be 'tested' and we'll see how effective it is - or not. (well, maybe we wont hear about it failing???)

13. ferret2004

ferret2004 Active Member

I don't see this working in the real world.