any one know how to setup Room EQ Wizard?

Discussion in 'Effects and the DSP' started by eljorgep, Jun 16, 2010.

1. eljorgep

eljorgep New Member

If it weren't for KX Project my SB Live! card would be worthless. But with the project it is priceless to me.
    Anyhow, I need to know if anyone with similar hardware has had any sucsess with the Room EQ Wizard app. Their creators seem to think that it wont work with ASIO drivers, OTOH I think it should be possible. Or I'm dreaming?
    I'm, using driver version 5.10.00.3539 SB0220 10K1 (d880).
    Thanx if yes, thanx if nope.
    Chau,

2. B166ER

B166ER New Member

I too would like some info on this subject. Room Correction is a big deal to, I have an AVR that uses Audyssey, and it is incredible! But I have no idea the algorithms Aud uses, so its curious how to replicate (or even improve upon) such software. If I could get my soundcard to listen to my room, then adjust eq curves to flatten room modes and peaks/dips, that is so indispensable. Ive written Creative so many times on the subject, and they just seem clueless about how important this is. shame.

3. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

kX is a WDM driver that includes ASIO, it is not just an ASIO driver. I do not know anything about Room EQ Wizard, but I do not see any reason why it should not work with kX.

Use kX Wave 0/1 as the recording device. and you should probably use a custom DSP config using only FxBus and epilog. Use the AC97 Recording Level slider (recording page of kxmixer) to adjust the MIC level and the Master Volume to adjust your speaker level.