Anyone able to access manual driver selection on amd's site?

Discussion in 'AMD Graphics Cards' started by Judas, Jan 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download

For the last... oh... lets say half a week give or take..... I've been unable to use the manual selection portion of the site... you know select your type be it apu/desktop/mobile/embedded etc... then select the series.. then sub series.... and then version of OS....

do all this .. and hit the display results button resulting in nothing happening... anyone getting exact same results?

I've tried on 5 different browsers..... across about 10 different devices of which are android/apple/windows.... and nothing works.

Now of course provided you don't have a unique display or chipset... you can go down along the right side and simply pick whichever one is likely to work for you... but I'm in a bit of an issue, I've what is considered a legacy device, and it's not of the desktop variant... and no it's not a mobile variant.

I've a machine with an A-3420m cpu ... the APU is a 6000g series which none of the accessible portion of the site recognize, which requires me to use the manual selection since the auto detection IMO is a hunk of crap and always has been (same for intel... I'd love to see the idiot that removed manual categorical driver searches from their download section, strung up by their balls/ovaries and burnt alive, but never to the point of death, just unending pain).

Trying to use various methods for back door style searching, such as googling through AMD's site via the various flags has netted me either OLD drivers or drivers that don't remotely apply to my situations.

This isn't the only machine... there are few others that use slightly different units that i'm running into tracking down.

If anyone is able to use the page for whatever reason (I tried other languages though amd's site love to keep redirecting me to the US english page, even france for example)... if they could drop a link for the A series 6000g series APU windows 10 x64 legacy driver page... that would be swell.

2. MIG-31

MIG-31 Old time Member.. Staff Member

The display result simply does nothing at all on W10's Edge Browser.

3. Judas

It used to just like all the other browsers..... but i wasn't using that ... i actually swapped over the edge browser after firefox failed..... and since have tried every device on the planet to do something....

4. Liqourice

Liqourice Well-Known Member

Same thing for me in both FF and IE. Nothing at all happens when I click on "Display results"

5. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 10 Grandkids -2 Great-grandsons

This new approach to drivers and the driver team seem to have a lot of work to do to get things up to par.

6. Judas

It's working now apparently....

I just wanted to make sure it wasn't something stupid on my end, or that it was just bad luck plaguing me.

7. ep30rpg

ep30rpg Member

more likely the problem on AMD's end of things but at least the web site seems to be working.
    did you try it in Chrome?

8. MIG-31

MIG-31 Old time Member.. Staff Member

The Link to what judas were referring to is working fine and has been for some time. But I take it that you may of replied without taking any notice of the post just above which not only said everything is ok but were also posted back in January.

As this were resolved quite a while ago I'm going to close this thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.