Anyone ever have Omega problems?

Discussion in 'AMD Graphics Cards' started by funbill, Jul 10, 2003.

1. funbill

funbill New Member

I was wondering what the worst thing ever happened to anyone with an Omega driver. The driver sounds cool, but I just wanna be safe and know if anyone had any real bad system crashing experiences. Mainly I usually screw the one thing up so I wanna know what I might expect if something goes wrong, maybe itll improve my vid quality and benchmark:D

2. Chaos

Chaos Number Nine

not sure if it will improve your benchmarks or not but it will improve your IQ and gaming experience

3. Shadow Lady

Shadow Lady Avril Fan

they improve benchmarks (sometimes) anyway

4. randombeaner

randombeaner New Member

they sped up my frame rates I can now play Medal of Honor spearhead with everything maxed out with a RAdeon 7000!!!
    But it did slow down my combat flight simulator, Im trying to see whats wrong

5. toddsmack2k

toddsmack2k It Never.....

Omega drivers are good. Like anything though you could have problems with them but you could experience problems with an official ATI driver you use. Check out his thread and see what people are saying about them. I have had good experience with them myself. They always help my IQ and some people get a bit of a speed up from them as well. They also have been known to help stability issue's as well. So give them a shot. As you can tell lots of people run em so that should give you some idea how good they are.

6. Senior Citizen

Senior Citizen New Member

At one time I had the install and refresh rate problem but ATI had the same problems. Thats the only problems I have ever had . One of the reason I like Omega's you can install new over old. I don't know if you can do that with ATI drivers. It's been a long time since I used them.(ATI 3.0 was the last time I used them)

7. Senior Citizen

Senior Citizen New Member

PS : System restore is a wonderful thing. Make a point before installing new drivers.

8. Optimummind

Optimummind Banned

I have tried 5 Omega drivers--3 for nVIDIA cards (GF 4 Ti-4200) and 2 for ATI cards (9800 Pro). They all messed up my OS and forced me to restore my system drive using Norton Ghost. I'll never use them again.

9. craig588

craig588 Banned

Wow, you should send your info to Omega, he might be able to fix it.

10. Optimummind

Optimummind Banned

Naw, he called me an "idiot" so f*** trying to help him. His drivers suck.

11. @/2ct!<

@/2ct!< New Member

I ran omegas for 2 months so far and have not experienced any problems thankfully.

12. BWX

BWX get out and ride

Maybe you just don't know what the hell you are doing?:confused:
    I've used his drivers for a year- changing them in and out for regular drivers, sometimes as much as 5 times a day to compare them. I've never had one problem that was anybody's fault but my own. And any problem I had was minimal and far from OS wrecking. Why did he call you an idiot anyway? Maybe it was your harsh demeanor toward him or someone else? Could that be it?

13. Desert_Siege

Desert_Siege Professional Slacker

Nah! That couldn't be it could it? heh.

Omega's drivers rock! I never had an issue with an Nvidia driver (when I actually had an NV card....long long ago...heh) and the only issue I have ever had with the ATI's is the same issue the official one has...the "SmartGart not so Smart" issue. I highly recommend them to anyone looking for better IQ. They even increased my scores in 3DMark 2k1 and 2k3 over the official 3.7's.:w00t: :w00t: :D

14. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 10 Grandkids -2 Great-grandsons

I've been using Omega's drivers for a few years now. I've never had any real serious problem using them. I have had a couple of times when I had problems installing them. But, that's been some time ago now.

I've found Omegadrive to be very receptive to problem reports.