Anyone has the GTX480 yet?

Discussion in 'NVIDIA Graphics Cards' started by -Mr.Fridge, Apr 6, 2010.

1. -Mr.Fridge

-Mr.Fridge DriverHeaven's Fridge

I know it's not yet available in Israel, but is there anyone around the world who Does have it?

2. Sihastru

Sihastru Never been clicked

Wait 6 more days...

3. -Mr.Fridge

So, it's not in stores yet?? wow... nVidia is got to get a move on this...

4. isaak

isaak Well-Known Member

it's still being manufactured en mass and shipped worldwide

5. ET3D

ET3D Hopeless Dreamer

Or, in other words, a small number of cards is expected to appear in the shops on April 12, at which point they'd be quickly snatched by NVIDIA fans who have been waiting on the doorstep since last year.

Based on past experience, I expect the situation to be a little better in Israel. That is, a couple of stores will import the cards and nobody will want to buy them for $900 or whatever, at which point the few individuals who have more money than sense (no offense meant, em, I mean, not any personally directed offense) will be able to get them.

isaak likes this.
  6. crowTrobot

crowTrobot Active Member

Yep the official launch was done but the date when stores are allowed to sell it is at Apr 12 (although they have 2 vbios updates already.lol) . Right now, only reviewers have one.

EDIT:
    ok turns out I'm wrong.
    A lot of people have theirs already and some have theirs arriving tomorrow from pre-order.
    There are unboxing threads/videos popping out already.

http://www.evga.com/forums/tm.aspx?m=287010

This guy is running 480 SLI on a Corsair TX850 without breaking a sweat.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2010
  7. -Mr.Fridge

I don't get it, WHO are you talking about?! :wtf:

Personally, I can get the card for about the same price the shops will get it, and I shall...

The situation in Israel is quite what you said. Starting price is 2600NIS which is about 702USD (Insane!). Of coure, you can imagine, that the stores are selling it in about 250USD MORE than they buy it (Approx.).

As my BOS said, I'll probably purchase it in less than other US citizens will, which is less than 500$ :D

But, you are correct, only the few dumb-F*** with too much money and too little brain will buy it for the 702$ price, but guess what - the card will run out in the first 10 days, that's a promise..

I wish I had mine allready, I'm tired of playing in 720p on 42", with the minimum setting and 20-30FPS tops :sigh:

8. IvanV

IvanV HH Assassin Guild Member

Well, all 16 listed 480 and 470 models are out of stock on Newegg and they have been out of stock when I checked a few days ago. Also, only 3 of those 16 models have received any user reviews so far and all but one review concern EVGA cards (EVGA 5 : 1 rest of the world :D), so I'm guessing that they'd had the biggest stock. As for their forum, it doesn't take too many happy purchasers to generate a bunch of threads and posts (and I think I'll guess right if I say that a vast majority of 400 series cards owners are currently very proud of their purchases), so it's hard to estimate how many cards they have sold so far, it could be anywhere between a few tens to a couple of thousand.

Still, hopefully, we'll have someone here on HH to share their first hand impressions soon.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2010
  9. ET3D

ET3D Hopeless Dreamer

According to this article, the initial shipment will have even fewer cards than expected.

10. crowTrobot

crowTrobot Active Member

^^ semi-accurate :/

I don't know how long they lasted when it went on sale in the US but here in Canada, NCIX sold out their EVGA stock after 5 minutes. 7 minutes for total all of the GTX 480 stock.

NewEgg supposedly had a 1 limit per customer but the 2nd batch came and some people were able to order 2 so I don't know how that worked. Those guys must've been waiting and F5'ing until stock came online.

11. iPlayer

iPlayer Filled with noobsauce

Would be cool to know how many units were actually sold up to now.