Anyone tried FleXxdriver.ATI?

Discussion in 'General Graphics Cards Discussion' started by Frag Maniac, Jun 19, 2013.

1. Frag Maniac

Frag Maniac New Member

I've seen this guy from Scandinavia post a couple threads on various forums talking about performance modded ATI drivers their team is working on.

Anyone tried them or read any feedback on the results? I'm asking here because back when Omegaman was doing his Omega drivers for ATI cards this site had close contact with him.

I can't post links yet so just Google for FleXxDriver

2. mkk

mkk Well-Known Member

I was thinking that I might as well try them for fun, but all I see is a sparse website and some recent forum posts with no feedback. I'll wait and see if anyone tries them. Btw it seems to be a dutch project rater than Scandinavian. Not that I hold it against them. ;)

Back in the days when Omegadrive and others were working hard on their packages there were more things to do when it came to adding features or hardware support and not just squeezing out a bit more performance. I don't find the prospect of a bit of performance gain alone to be interesting enough.

3. Frag Maniac

Frag Maniac New Member

There's been some investigation done by someone on TechPowerUp where I mentioned it. Doesn't look too trustworthy so far.

One of them thinks it might be a bitcoin mining trick.

Check the TechPowerUp forums under Graphics Cards\AMD\ATI. It's a thread titled "AMD Catalyst 13.x (13.150.0.0 May 23)".

4. mkk

mkk Well-Known Member

Yeah, it sounds like a scam. http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2925993
    Also they block all comments by default on their blog. If it is indeed the case I hope AMD sues them for all sorts of things. Especially as it seems they might as well be based in the US as anywhere else.
    Well done tracking this down.