Anyone use C# and recommend books?

Discussion in 'General Software Discussion' started by Sojourner, Sep 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sojourner

Sojourner New Member

Hello all,

I'm new to C#, and have spent the last few days fiddling with Visual C# Studio Express 2005. I've learned a little programming in the past - took a FORTRAN class last year at college, though procedural medium-level languages and high-level visual languages are obviously very (very) different. I'd like to think I've learned some good practices - our tutor learned to program on PDP-8s, so he's very much like "Remember to deallocate that array space, memory isn't free you know!". I'm liking the explicitness of C#, all the variable types are very clear and unambiguous; I wouldn't be worried about misusing these...

...Ahem. So yes, my question is: Recommend a C# book with lots of example assignments for someone of my level.

2. UberLord

UberLord A Legend in Underwear

O'Reilly has made some good C# books

3. Sojourner

Sojourner New Member

O'RLY?

Sorry. Had to be done.

I went and bought the '...for Dummies' book yesterday. It's quite a gentle introduction to the nuts and bolts of the C# language - not much on how to manipulate Visual Studio yet. I understood the principles of programming languages like this one beforehand, so it's nice to be able to read through at a fair pace and pay full attention to the whys and wherefores rather than trying to understand what's actually going on. It's also cleared up a few general programming topics that I was fuzzy on, like number precision and various conventions for writing clear and legible code.

Transk53 likes this.
  4. lingmaaki

lingmaaki New Member

lot of online materials available.. codeproject.com , chsarp.net-informations.com , java2s.com

ling.

5. MIG-31

MIG-31 Old time Member.. Staff Member

Sorry to bare the bad news,But this thread died Back in 2006...And there is no real reason for this thread to be brought back to life.

Closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.