Apple Launches ‘Apple Music TV,’ a 24-Hour Music Video Livestream

Discussion in 'Industry News' started by Calliers, Oct 19, 2020.

1. Calliers

Calliers Administrator Staff Member

Apple has launched Apple Music TV, a free 24-hour curated livestream of popular music videos that will also include “exclusive new music videos and premiers, special curated music video blocks, and live shows and events as well as chart countdowns and guests,” according to the announcement.

Apple Music TV will be available to U.S. residents only on the Apple Music app and the Apple TV app. It can be found at apple.co/AppleMusicTV and in the browse tab in the Apple Music and Apple TV app.

The service premiered Monday morning (Oct. 19) with a countdown of the top 100 all-time most-streamed songs in the U.S. on Apple Music. On Thursday (October 22), it will celebrate the upcoming release of Bruce Springsteens’s “Letter to You” album with an “all day Bruce takeover” featuring music-video blocks of his most popular videos, an interview with Zane Lowe, anchor of Apple Music’s radio station, and a special livestream fan event.

[​IMG]

2. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

apple will never be 80's mtv

3. MIG-31

MIG-31 Old time Member.. Staff Member

I lost track of the music of the Modern Days years ago. It all just sounds the same.

May be a sign of getting older.. Everyone i know all says the same the 80's & 90's and early 2k were the best ever in the UK.

This were the times people could actually sing and Play instruments without the need to Doctor the voices to sound anywhere near good.

Trusteft likes this.
  4. Calliers

Money for nothing and your chicks for free...

5. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

While I too agree the 80s music (and partly 90s) were the best popular music and still is, there are some newer artists I think are fantastic.
    Kiesza, Eden Wilson, Ashleigh Watson, Bonnie Mckee, La Roux, Gabriella Cilmi
    and I just noticed they are all women. Interesting.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2020
  6. Calliers

I would like to purport that electronic music on the other hand just keeps getting better and better, with the synths in wave music in the 80s to the progressive music we have now, it just keeps getting better and better.

As for other types of music, it is changing too, but like you guys I don't keep abreast of the latest really, it is just injected into my playlists on Spotify from time to time, and I tend to enjoy it, although the classics will always be just that, classic. All depends on what you grew up on.

7. Judas

i'm not against modern music... but i was referring to the mtv channel itself and it's methodology for interviews and broadcast was simply the best until the mid 90's when they became transforming into anything but an music tv station filling itself with bullshit shows like reality tv.

Calliers and Trusteft like this.
  8. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

Amen.

Calliers likes this.
  9. Calliers

MTV used to be -Music TV-. Nowadays like @Judas said it's all a pile of crap. I can't stand watching MTV nowadays for even more than 10 minutes, it's total garbage.

Why they switched from a winning strategy I will never understand. I think once streaming of music and things like Youtube started to take off they had to scramble to save themselves and re-invented themselves in a lot of ways. But I really think they gave birth to a still born and not an actual bouncing baby boy/girl.

To be fair though, if you ask any of the younger crowd if MTV is cool, you'll probably be met with a yes. MTV is mostly for the younger folk if anything.

10. Judas

the reason mtv changed is because it was started by actual music maniacs that just threw caution to the wind and got shit done with little they had. The moment it started getting attention and money brought in, just like literally everything else, people were brought in that didn't understand the content it was dealing with nor the audience, and simply started looking at the profits as their only goal... every time something good looks towards profits.... the content and quality goes to shit to the point they lose wind of what it was even for in the first place.

Calliers likes this.
  11. Calliers

The story of Electronic Arts to the tee.