Arctic Cooling Fusion 550R PSU @ DH

Discussion in 'Reviews & Articles Discussion' started by craig5320, Jan 13, 2009.

1. craig5320

craig5320 Well-Known Member

Arctic Cooling Fusion 550R Review

Arctic Cooling owes their good reputation almost entirely to high performance cooling products, but they are making concentrated efforts to diversify their product range. Today we will have a look at a new product from them, the Fusion 550R PSU. Carrying an interesting name and boasting high performance and many features, it is the one and only PSU Arctic Cooling released. Is it worth being on a shortlist in such a competitive section of the market?

2. Mac Daddy

Mac Daddy New Member

Another nice review Grace and quite surprised by the stability and regulation on this one.

As for the "Push" fan like the NZXT PP-800 I prefer it to the typical "Pull" fan mounted on the exhaust side of most PSU's.

3. deBelly

deBelly New Member

Definitely an interesting product... I like the big holes on the exaust side, this improves airflow a lot compared to the usualy honeycomb. Any idea who is the manufacturer? Seasonic, Enhance maybe?

4. Grace

Grace HH's Tomboy

Hello deBelly,

If I can remember well it was FSP. Sorry but my memory is really short and it has been a while since I took those pictures!

5. DoctoPuss

DoctoPuss New Member

Sorry for bumping this but do you guys think it has enough power to run a 5850?

6. Grace

Grace HH's Tomboy

It depends on the rest of the system, but if we are talking about a "normal" home PC with no more than 4 HDD drives it should be just fine.

7. DoctoPuss

DoctoPuss New Member

Everything else is standard. 2 HDDs, maybe an SSD late next year, 1 DVD drive, PII X4 945 slightly oced etc.
    I'm sure it has enough watts but the amps seem quite low (32). I've read somewhere that you would like to have at least 40 amps available on the 12 volt rails. Maybe they were just exaggerating to be on the safe side, who knows, I don't. :p