Are Hardware Heaven's reviews meeting its reader's needs?

Discussion in 'Site Feedback & Announcements' started by Gastrian, Jul 21, 2013.

1. Gastrian

Gastrian New Member

I've been an avid follower of Hardware Heaven since it was called Driver Heaven and have used it as my main source for PC reviews for years. I've come to build a HTPC and read the review for the new A10 APUs and am none the wiser.

The A series have never been positioned as performance chips and always been priced in line with the i3 series of Intel CPUs yet no comparison was made between those chips. Those using the APUs are unlikely to use a dedicated GPU but there was only one iGPU game benchmark while there was two game benchmarks using dedicated GPUs. There were no thermal results either considering this type of chip would be in smaller cases with lower ventilation.

It seemed to be reviewed as a straight desktop replacement which its intended audience would unlikely use it for.

It might be better if Hardware Heaven had a HTPC/entry level set of tests for IGPs and kept the current tests specifically for CPUs aimed at the enthusiast market.

2. Stuart_Davidson

Stuart_Davidson Well-Known Member

What specific tests would you have liked to see?