Are my memories running at the best speed for this motherboard?

Discussion in 'Overclocking, Benching & Modding' started by Hugo Santos, Aug 24, 2014.

1. Hugo Santos

Hugo Santos Member

I don't know much about memory settings, so can anyone please help me? I want to know if I have my memories running at their best...

[​IMG]

2. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

the timings are better than the suggested spec shown... running at 1000mhz vs 1333mhz however....

3. Hugo Santos

Hugo Santos Member

Thanks. I think I can't have 1333mhz. I need Intel speedstep to keep my cpu cooled with the stock cooler and it can't be activated if I overclock using the multiplier. I need the multiplier at 15x. Correct me if I'm wrong, I don't know much about this stuff...

4. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

it's not a big deal imo.... running with the timings you have likely is giving you about the same performance advantage you'd get if you were to loosen them and obtain a higher clock speed...

If it's stable..... don't mess with it.

5. Hugo Santos

Hugo Santos Member

It's pretty stable. I've never had a computer this fast and I find it awesome, and in reality it was very cheap, I just was very clever and the guy at the shop helped me selecting the best components at the best price. I think some of the components were outdated and they just wanted to get rid of them. This CPU can be overclocked a lot. The difference is very noticeable. I use the default windows power plans tweaked to limit the CPU usage I want. At high performance it remains at 3.8 Ghz all the time, for games and heavy stuff, with the cpu fan always ready to speed up from the moment temperature rises a certain threshold. At balanced it's limited to something like 85%, which is around the default 3.0ghz of this CPU, and at power saver it's limited to 70%. I always knew this option was present in the power plans but I never assumed it really worked, but it does. I know you didn't ask any of this, I'm just bored and have nothing better to do.