Asio Recording.

Discussion in 'Effects and the DSP' started by blitter2, Sep 25, 2010.

1. blitter2

blitter2 New Member

Hi.

How can I get this to work with kx project and Guitar Rig 4?

I read some words of Russ saying :

A) send the input to ASIO input of epilog only - disconnect prolog from XRouting - (*1)

I have disconnected all prolog connections from xrouting, but I don't know which ASIO input to connect where. Something from FXBus? Connect it in which in or ins of the epilog?

I as well can't now hear my line-in sound.

2. blitter2

blitter2 New Member

3. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

Hmm, you mention Guitar Rig in your 1st post and Guitar Pro in the second post... I assume you mean Guitar Rig...

Guitar Rig (with ASIO) is tricky as it (or some versions of it?) does not seem to work with some versions of kX (based on reports from other users). I do not know which versions work -vs- which do not, etc... another Guitar RIg user would have to tell you.

WIth DSP configs that uses ProFX plugins, you need to show the config screen for the plugin(s) since it is not possible to follow the routing without that info.

Typically (with cards like yours (Live! 5.1 models)), getting input into Guitar Rig is the hard part (ASIO mapping issue)... playback should not be difficult, it is just a matter of choosing the ASIO ports that you want to use for output in GR, and loading/connecting the associated FxBus. Because of this, I suspect it might be an issue with the version of kX (or GR) you are using (but i cannot say for sure)...

Suggestions:

Let us know what version of kX you are using (and hopefully someone can let you know if GR4 works for them with that version of kX, etc).

Let us know how the ProFX plugins are configured, and how GR is configured (ASIO I/O's), so that we can confirm that there are no issues with your DSP config.

Double check your GR config (maybe test output using the wave driver to confirm that it is configured correctly to output sound, etc).

Last edited: Sep 26, 2010
  4. blitter2

blitter2 New Member

Hi, I succeded with GuitarRig 4 and it now works.

This is my dsp : http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/2762/profxw.jpg

How can I now make it support 5.1? I need it for Traktor DJ Headphone previewing.

Maybe an SRC FXBUS 6/7 with ProFX? Where does it have to be connected please?

5. blitter2

blitter2 New Member