Assassin's Creed: Origins

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by Dyre Straits, Nov 23, 2017.

1. MIG-31

MIG-31 Old time Member.. Staff Member

The last three TR games were more adventure/Story based than puzzle based. There are a few but are quite easy.

2. IvanV

IvanV HH Assassin Guild Member

The ones in AC Origins are extremely basic as well. There are exactly 2 puzzle elements: you can put weight on one platform to raise the other connected by a pulley and you can push an object along a narrow track made of wattle in order to free a passage or support one end of a see-saw so that you can run up it. For the most part, they are extremely trivial. There was one tomb where they had two pulleys so you had to figure out which to do first, and then it turned out that it actually didn't matter - that was by far the most "intricate" and "complicated" location.

There were no freerunning sections or puzzles a la Prince of Persia or early Assassin's Creed titles.

It feels like they put those "puzzles" in because there should be something to do in an ancient tomb (otherwise you'd just walk down a corridor and be done with it), but they were so simple (especially for an adult only title) and uninspired that one asks oneself why they bothered.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2019
  3. Calliers

Calliers Side hustle: Mayor of Kenja Staff Member

Hmmm, I will wait till Shadow of the Tomb Raider gets Ray Tracing then play it at some point then.

Mr Cairo likes this.
  4. IvanV

I got the DLCs for Origins and now I'm back in the game. :) Thebes is interesting. The mountains aren't that navigable, but that's the thing with mountains. Aaru is mesmerizing, beautiful and apparently... it's real?

I enjoy the entanglement between Egyptian history and mythology and this game. While immersing oneself into them is not necessary for progression in the game, it enriches the experience for me immensely. I encountered a puzzle that I was mostly able to understand, but I was missing a detail and, having googled a little bit about the relevant bits of Egyptian mythology, I believe I now know where to look! :)

Mr Cairo and Dyre Straits like this.
  5. IvanV

I've been playing with the photo mode a little. :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Calliers likes this.
  6. IvanV

A few more photos from my Egyptian vacation. ;)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Dyre Straits and Calliers like this.
  7. IvanV

Is there a way to find Zahra afterwards? (If you've met her.) Photos and screenshots coming later tonight. :)

Last edited: Jun 17, 2020
  8. Mr Cairo

Mr Cairo Require backup .... NO

She should be in Philoteris afterwards

IvanV likes this.
  9. IvanV

Zahra... (never mind the corpse in the second photo)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Also, a couple of related screenshots from a cutscene (spoilerish):
    Assassin's Creed® Origins2020-6-17-8-23-11.jpg Assassin's Creed® Origins2020-6-17-8-23-17.jpg

Last edited: Jun 17, 2020
    Calliers likes this.
  10. Tipstaff

Tipstaff Well-Known Member

Purdy... my new desktop background at work. Thank you. ;)

IvanV and Calliers like this.
  11. IvanV

A few more random pics:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

That look...
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 18, 2020
    Dyre Straits and Calliers like this.
  12. IvanV

Stuck at 99% progression and some of you understand how I feel about that! :mad: :D

The DLCs (The Hidden Ones and The Curse of the Pharaohs) are both at 100%, so it's something in the "main game". I've done all the main and the side quests that I found, solved all of the papyri, synced all of the high points and done all of the locations that gave ability points...

From experience with the DLCs, I saw that it awarded me 100% after I did all of the side quests (and without me doing all of the locations, so apparently those aren't necessary), so I tried to see what side quest I may have missed. I found that I had 181 finished quests and the online lists named 183. I easily found one, because it was on the "easily missed" list of the quests that don't appear on the map unless you directly stumble upon them. It turned out I had all of those, except for one. That one was in an area through which I must have passed dozens of times, so it's weird how I never triggered it, but whatever. It was even an interesting one. :) For the second, I had to search the entire list and apparently, my game log doesn't show that I've done Ambush at Sea, which is weird because I remember doing it (it's a memorable one). It turned out that that mission was once pulled from the game because it was bugged in such a way that it completely erased the saves of a lot of people (ouch!). Later it was reinstated, if I understand correctly, but in my current save, while I remember doing it, it's not listed as finished and the quest giver is not there.

Looking for what else I may have missed, that counts towards the progression, I saw that some people got 100% after looking at unread stuff on Layla's computer, and sure enough, there were two items that appeared since I'd last left the animus, and also that the Ptolemy statues counted. I checked their locations and again, there was one that I haven't found previously (although it was by a road that I probably used, because I visited locations on that island both north and south of the statue, but I guess I could have taken a shortcut through the fields). That didn't do it either.

I think I'll give up for now, enough is enough. There are a few treasure locations and camps that I haven't finished, but I don;t think they count and I don;t feel like doing all of them. There are also arena and hippodrome events that I haven't finished, but those are even more tedious and, from what I've read, aren't required either.

Calliers and Mr Cairo like this.
  13. Mr Cairo

Mr Cairo Require backup .... NO

Same as you that would just bug me

Calliers and IvanV like this.
  14. IvanV

The game world is so beautiful! Some random pics:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]