ASUS P4C800-E DELUXE "ANY GOOD?"

Discussion in 'Hardware Discussion & Support' started by Raider1, Sep 28, 2004.

1. Raider1

Raider1 There is always next year

I have read many reviews of this board all preatty much saying this is one of the best p4 socket 478 boards out there. it's not a major upgrade for me but thats not POINT , I AM SO SICK OF MY BOARD AND IT'S INCOMPATABLITYS!. I just want to now from you guys if you have had any past problems with this board and if it is a fast stable mobo. I plan on getting 1gb of hyperX pc3200 ram and i hope this board acepts it because i know for sure that my current board dont that not being the only thing. Everthing i bought except my current mobo you guys have recomened and works flawlessly. Helpa brother out one more time ;)

2. Asmoday

Asmoday Demonic

I've heard nothing but good things about that mobo, but i suggest that you put the Abit IC7 max3 board into consideration too, i have this mobo and it's the best one i've ever owned.. :)

3. GutterPunk

GutterPunk I = Greatest Dood

both boards are great and i do enjoy my p4c800e deluxe but a lot of people prefer the ic7 max3

4. Raider1

Why is that?

5. Shinjikun

Shinjikun 第3 子供

The Asus P4C800-E is an awesome board; you shouldn't see any major issues if you were to choose to replace your current mobo.

6. >GSXR<mrbusa

>GSXR<mrbusa MY BIKE vvv

hello raider1,this is the best board i ever owned,the abit board is really good from what i hear,all the extreme overclocks ive seen have included that board.but i have heard of a few issues of incompatability with other hardware.look in some mobo specific forums and you should find some examples.as for the asus board,every oc i have thrown at it has been stable and cool.but i am on air so i havent pushed real hard.i did run in to a problem with the hyperx when i first installed it,it ended up being that the sticks didnt like the default voltage or timeings,once i corrected that issue all has been good.im running per my sig at 2.75v,very stable.i can also run at 2-2-3-5-8,stable,with no errors.you wont be disapointed in either board.good luck,later

7. Raider1

Hey thanks for the heads up on the HyperX voltage and timming i like 2.5 3-3-6 good performance with stabliity :)

8. Raider1

Well i have to say this board is the shiznit! Runs fast and smooth what more can you ask for ?

9. >GSXR<mrbusa

>GSXR<mrbusa MY BIKE vvv

if you want to push this board further then do a google on volt mods and vdimm mods.it looks like they are easy if you know how to solder,which i dont:uhoh:this board has what people call droopy voltage under load.these mods fix that problem.congrats on your happiness with this board.later

10. MIG-31

MIG-31 Old time Member.. Staff Member

I'll second that....

just changed from a gigabyte 8ik100 rev 2 that had become very unstable for the last week or two,failing to recognise my ram,unable to boot up without removing and re-seating them.then eventually the same with my x800pro.

Chose the asus p4c800-e deluxe and am very pleased with it at this time.Have not fully tested out with many games yet as i have only installed the board 2 days ago and still installing everything i have.

11. >GSXR<mrbusa

>GSXR<mrbusa MY BIKE vvv

i had my first negetive experience with this board yesturday.i usually run the latest beta bios even if the changelog doesnt benefit me.i think it is an addiction or compulsion,whatever.:duh:anyhow i used asus update just like always,i download to a folder then update from there.this method has worked since the beginning with 1014.1 or something.so yesturday i noticed there was 1023.05 beta on stationdrivers site.and then i flashed like anyother day.my system was dead after the reboot,not even a asus screen to get into the bios.there was not a hickup in power durring flashing or anything out of the ordinary.so i went to parents house with some floppies and downloaded the latest final from asus and also the 1023.05 beta .copied them and tried useing afudos but ill tell ya i can never get that app to work.i can get it to search for the .rom file but it never finds it.luckly there is the alt+f2 meathod to flash.so i flashed back to 1019.04 final and my system boots just fine:cool:so i figured i have the floppies now lets try the 1023.05 from a floppy with ez flash.well the same thing happens,no screen,i get fans and lights and mobo function light but no bios or welcome screen.now that i had the floppies though it took me about 2 min to fix.im sticking with the final version from asus usa for now until i can figure out what happened.later

if anybody with an p4c800ed board experienced this i wuold like to hear about it

12. MIG-31

MIG-31 Old time Member.. Staff Member

i only just flashed mine to 1019.04 final yesterday..... i never use betas for bios,to risky imo.

but thanks for the warning..

13. Nuke209

Nuke209 New Member

Something like that, mines was the 1021.05 (I Think that's the bios u were using)

It doesn't boot well...it's like the settings cannot be loaded, and then black screen if you try loading with ur settings...
    Tho again, it's beta