ASUS P5AD2-E Premium Help

Discussion in 'Hardware Discussion & Support' started by PeeAir, Mar 6, 2005.

1. PeeAir

PeeAir New Member

Hi guys I just bought this ASUS P5AD2-E Premium mb and it has two case fan connectors and a pwr-fan connector so i need someone with this mb too inform me what the pwr_fan connector on this mb is for ... is it for the power supply or what ?

thanks in advance

2. Tipstaff

Tipstaff Well-Known Member

Yep, you hit it on the nose. Some PSUs, like Enermax, have a PSU to mobo power connector. It essentially allows your motherboard to monitor and control the fans on the PSU.

- Tip

3. PeeAir

PeeAir New Member

Thanks Tipstaff do u have this mb ? oh just check your main system specs , well i got a antec neopower 480w supply and it has a spare so i guess i can use that on that connector, hmm now that i think of it that psu fans already controlled now i am more confused then a chameleon in a smarties box should i conect it or shouldnt i

Last edited: Mar 6, 2005
  4. Tipstaff

I personally don't have that board (those system specs btw are just for one system I own outta 4.. hehe), but I have built systems using that board many times at my store. I don't recall what connectors come with the Neo Power (btw.. nice PSU isn't it? I love that thing), but I know that of the 3 cables one of them is a fan signal connector (along with the mobo and 4 pin power connector). I've never hooked that up due to the way the Neo Power works though. See, the Neo Power already adjusts fan control depending on the heat inside the PSU, plus it also can control case fans (which you probably already knew.. hehe). That's just a personal choice though.. I'd rather have my PSU control itself rather than fight over fan speed with the motherboard, but it's your choice.

Glad I could help.

- Tip

5. PeeAir

PeeAir New Member

yes i agree with you on not letting them fight and i read alot before i decieded on that psu i liked it alot and yes it does have a 24 pin mb connector a 4 pin 12v connector and a little one[​IMG] which i assume is the a pwr connector to the mb but wasnt sure ,is there anyway we can chat like msn, icq or something like that although i dont like using msn too much where in Canada are u ? I am trying to build this machine myself i have built a few in my years but this is my first asus mb so i have a few questions to ask and i think i am going to need some advice mainly with the setting and connecting the front panel stuff, so if u have some time in the next week or so or if i get stuck i'd like to ask a few thing hopefully i wont be too much of a bother too u as you are probably busy too

Last edited: Mar 7, 2005
  6. Tipstaff

Toronto.

At the moment I'm about to head to work for a client, so unfortunatly I'm short on time. I just came onto DH to check on a few posts I've been tracking. If you want to Private Message that'd be the best way to chat at the moment. I can keep better track of things that way. Sorry about that though. Last couple weeks I've been sick, and I've gotten behind with my offsite work.

- Tip

7. PeeAir

PeeAir New Member

no problem i fully understand if i do get stuck i will pm u thanks and i hope u feel well soon

8. Tipstaff

Thanks. I'll be checking in later on tonight, so I'll keep on eye on my messages. Good luck with the build.

- Tip