ATI 10.8 and 10.9 do not install

Discussion in 'Mobility Modder Discussion' started by deadsolid, Sep 19, 2010.

1. deadsolid

deadsolid New Member

So, I've used MM in the past with luck (running 10.6 on my Vaio now), but both 10.8 and 10.9 refuse to install. Here's what I mean:

I've downloaded the drivers from the desktop section on ATI's website. I extract them to the desktop and when the installer asks whether I want to continue or not I cancel. I then move to MM and browse to the extracted driver location and modify the drivers. Once that is completed I run the modified drivers (setup.exe) as per the instructions. The drivers install (the log indicates it has successfully installed the new drivers as well). When I installed 10.8 it asked to reboot, which I did. When I log back in after the reboot and check the CCC's 'Information Center' I see that it did not, in fact, install the drivers (below). 10.9 did not ask for a reboot, however I did anyway. The same information appears. I tried 10.8 first thinking that 10.9 may not yet be supported by MM.

[​IMG]
    (The screen was taken after the 10.9 attempt. I didn't bother to take one after the 10.8 attempt, if it makes any difference.)

Any ideas?

I am running a Sony Vaio FW490
    ATI Mobility Radeon 4650 HD 1 Gb
    4 Gb's Ram
    P8800

2. iPlayer

iPlayer Filled with noobsauce

That sometimes happens when you don't uninstall the drivers, prior to installing the new ones.

3. deadsolid

deadsolid New Member

I need to uninstall 10.6 in order to go to update?!

4. iPlayer

iPlayer Filled with noobsauce

I would recommend uninstalling and a quick reboot before installing the new drivers.

5. deadsolid

deadsolid New Member

Great, now it says I'm not running a genuine version of Windows.

Edit: So I've tried both 10.9 then 10.8 after uninstalling 10.6 and neither seem to have installed.

Edit2: I downloaded and installed the drivers provided by Sony (8.6ish) and apparently I am running 10.6 again...

Edit3: But dxdiag says 8.635

Last edited: Sep 19, 2010
  6. Nitemares

Nitemares New Member

I just done the complete uninstall of 10.5.....reboot.....ran drive sweeper....reboot....ran ccleaner...reboot.....install 10.8.....no driver installed.

Tried with the MOD tool.....goes through the motions....all three passes.....no result.

Will download and try the 10.9 drivers....appears it is back to 10.5 for me.

Notebook:- Toshiba Satellite L650 07C. Windows 7 64 bit...4gig ram.

7. deadsolid

deadsolid New Member

I am finding that the information center in the CCC is incorrectly saying that I am running 10.6. Go to start>run>dxdiag and go to the second tab. Those are your current drivers.