ATI Catalyst™ 10.4 Display Driver for Windows Vista/Win 7

Discussion in 'AMD Graphics Cards' started by MIG-31, Apr 28, 2010.

1. MIG-31

MIG-31 Old time Member.. Staff Member

Resolved Issues for All Windows Operating Systems

This section provides information on resolved issues in this release of the ATI Catalyst™ Software Suite for Windows. These include:
    Desktop mouse cursor will no longer intermittently appear enlarged
    Pressing the "Page Down" button while configuring the last display in Eyefinity group will now properly switch to the next display instead of closing the bezel user interface​
    Shortcut keys to configure the bezel now functions properly

Resolved Issues for the Windows Vista Operating System

This section provides information on resolved issues in this release of the ATI Catalyst™Software Suite for Windows Vista. These include:
    Audio playback devices now properly displays "ATI HDMI Output" when a HDMI display is connected
    Display no longer flashes black when high settings of 19x12 are applied to in-game settings for "Dawn of War 2"​
    Corruption no longer visible during full screen playback with Flash Player 10.1 on ATI Radeon™ HD 4800 Series
    A high CPU

Known Issues Under All Windows Operating Systems

The following section provides a summary of open issues that may be experienced under the Windows operating system in the latest version of Catalyst™. These include:

Loading time between maps in "Battlefield 2: Bad Company" may be long for ATI Radeon™ HD 2000, 3000 and 4000 Series​

"Catalyst Control Center is not supported..." warning message may appear and Graphics menu for Catalyst Control Center Advanced view may be missing after relogging into system after a Remote Desktop connection​

Utilizing hardware shaders (perfect mode) may cause text to become corrupted and unreadable while loading any mission in "IL-2 Sturmovik: 1946" game​

Known Issues Under the Windows 7 Operating System

The following section provides a summary of open issues that may be experienced under the Windows 7 operating system in the latest version of Catalyst™. These include:
    Alt-Tabbing to desktop and back into "Mass Effect 2" game may cause the display to go black
    Catalyst Control Center might not remember the position of fourth monitor in Eyefinity group ATI Catalyst
    Performance drop (approximately 34%) may be observed in "Empire: Total War" with anti-alias enabled on some cards
    Drag and Drop transcoded H264i content may experience audio and video synchronization issues and deinterlacing lines when viewed on some devices
    Under multi-GPU configuration with Crossfire™ enabled, setting both "Shaders Quality" and "Post-Processing Quality" to "Enthusiast" may cause the frame rate to drop in "Crysis Warhead" DirectX 9 game.​

Windows Vista/Windows 7: 32 Bit / 64 Bit

2. Robert McClelland

Robert McClelland I'm An Uncle for 2nd time Staff Member

Looks like they don't have AGP hotfix for win 7 out yet only xp very weird unless they have them all together under win 7 now?

3. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 10 Grandkids -2 Great-grandsons

4. Robert McClelland

Robert McClelland I'm An Uncle for 2nd time Staff Member

I guess there a bug in opera with links again lol

5. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

Nothing for me here.
    I wish they fix the loading time issue with the 4800 series under vista.

6. Spartan 666

Spartan 666 New Member

Where is it possible to download the notebook version of these drivers?

EDIT: Nevermind, I found them.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2010
  7. Liqourice

Liqourice Well-Known Member

Is OpenGL 4.0 included in this set?

8. Dyre Straits

9. Liqourice

Dyre, that wasn't quite what I was asking! :)

There has been an OpenGL 4 preview driver, it wasn't included in the 10.3 set, so I just wondered if it's included in this instead.

If not I won't install 10.4.

10. Dyre Straits

If you're needing the latest OpenGL 4.0 Preview driver, it's here.....

http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/Catalyst-OpenGL-preview-driver.aspx

Whether or not ATI are including this in the 'regular' driver package, I have no idea. But, FWIW, I can run the Unigine Heaven and Sanctuary demos/benchmarks just fine using OpenGL.

11. Liqourice

I know it's there, have it installed already. I gather it's not included in the full driver set then. I wonder why?

Everything works fine without it, I just see some improvements in performance with the 4.0 driver.

It's a bit backwards since I guess installint the new 10.4 means it overwrotes the OGL driver with the older version so I have to install the 4.0 again. That's why I would like it to be included so I don't have to do it twice.

12. Liqourice

Well, I've tested these now and they don't work well for me.

I have some flickering glitches now and then and sometimes I get a blue striped screen and have to reset the system to get out of it.

13. Dyre Straits

Not good at all. Is the VaporX an OC'ed card? And, by how much if so?

Before reverting to previous drivers, I really highly recommend you try the 10.4 Preview drivers that ATI put up. These are actually newer than the official ones linked here. The only thing is that they are not WHQL but they are working really well for several who reported problems.

ATICatalyst10.4Preview

14. Liqourice

It's factory overclocked to 875/1250. I had it overclocked to 900/1300 myself but when I lovered it to card defaults the problems went away.. however, it worked fine at that overclock with the previous drivers.

I'll have a look at that driver.

15. Dyre Straits

Just quite frankly, from what I've read about the OC'd cards, here and on other forums, I, personally, won't invest in a factory OC'd card. I'm quite pleased to do my own overclocking.

And, as far as performance goes, I'm content with default clocks as long as the games I play perform smoothly enough that I don't have to resort to OC'ing.

16. Liqourice

Didn't get this card for the factory overclock, I got it for the fan design. It's VERY quiet.

Trusteft likes this.
  17. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

SCREW YOU!

ok, I am sorry, not your fault. I am just so tired of the vacuum cleaner in my PC case.
    You are cool, here is some rep. :p

Liqourice likes this.
  18. Liqourice

LOL, then get a Vapor-X as well, it rocks! ;)

19. mgroeneweg

mgroeneweg New Member

For those interested:
    I put the 10.4 set on my Acer 7535G laptop (ATI Mobility Radeon 4570) and it works great: GPU switching, HDMI out in much better quality on my LCD TV.

:D:w00t:

20. Radeon4200

Radeon4200 New Member

A Radeon 4200 embedded graphics it is better than an Geforce8300 integrated graphics -on the same processor and memory.
    Anyway, I still not understood why windows 7 gives a lower score to ATI Radeon 4200 comparing to Nvidia Geforce8300 - both are running the latest drivers

Are the Nvidia drivers better than the ATI drivers ? at least in Win7 ?:rolleyes::confused: