ATI Catalyst 11.2 Software Suite Vista/7

Discussion in 'AMD Graphics Cards' started by MIG-31, Feb 15, 2011.

1. MIG-31

MIG-31 Old time Member.. Staff Member

The new Catalyst Control Center features
    • Catalyst AI Texture Filtering updates
      • The Quality setting has now been improved to match the High Quality setting in all respects but one; it enables an optimization that limits tri-linear anisotropic filtering to areas surrounding texture mipmap level transitions, while doing bilinear anisotropic filtering elsewhere. This optimization offers a way to improve filtering performance without visibly affecting image quality
      • The Performance setting has been updated to address the sharpness of the default Quality setting causing shimmering in certain cases. It now provides a smoother filtering option that eliminates most shimmering while preserving the improved detail provided by anisotropic filtering.
    • Tessellation Controls
      • Supported on the ATI Radeon HD 5000 Series and the AMD Radeon HD 6000 Series
      • New settings give users full control over the Tessellation levels used in applications.
        • The default selection “AMD Optimized” setting is intended to set the best level of Tessellation on a per application basis. The “AMD Optimized” setting is designed to help users get the maximum visual benefit of Tessellation, while minimizing the performance impact associated with enabling Tessellation. Currently no applications have been profiled.
        • The “Use Application Settings” option gives applications full control over the Tessellation level.
        • Users can also manually set the maximum tessellation level used by applications with the slider control
    • Morphological Anti-Aliasing support for the ATI Radeon HD 5000 Series
      • AMD Catalyst now includes official support for Morphological Anti-Aliasing for the ATI Radeon HD 5000 Series
    Support Video Quality settings during Blu-ray 3D playback
    • Supported on the AMD Radeon HD 6000 Series
    • Requires Blu-ray 3D player software, 3D supported display and 3D Stereoscopic glasses
    • Users can now enable the Video Quality settings within the Catalyst Control Center when playing Blu-ray 3D content
    Performance Improvements:
    • Call of Duty: Black Ops:
      • Performance increases up to 11% on ATI Radeon™ HD 5000 Series single card configurations with anisotropic filtering and anti-aliasing enabled
    • Batman Arkham Asylum:
      • Performance increases up to 4% on ATI Radeon™ HD 5000 Series single configurations with anisotropic filtering and anti-aliasing disabled.
    Resolved Issues for the Windows 7 Operating System

This section provides information on resolved known issues in this release of the AMD Catalyst™ 11.2 software suite for Windows 7. These include:
    • Corruption is no longer randomly observed running the Unigine Heaven benchmark.
    • Texture corruption is no longer observed when running the Unigine Heaven benchmark with Super AA enabled in the Catalyst Control Center.
    • HAWX no longer intermittently displays corruption when running in DirectX 9 mode.
    • Visual corruption is no longer seen when running Lost Planet in DirectX 10 mode.
    • Playing a 720p WMV format file no longer randomly causes laggy system performance.
    • Video corruption no longer intermittently affects the display when playing a SD format DVD using Windows Media Player.
    • Choppy video playback is no longer observed when playing a DVD with interlaced content using WinDVD 10.
    • 8x Anti Aliasing is now correctly listed as available with certain 3D applications.
    • The AMD Ladybug demo no longer freezes when viewed in camera mode.
    • DirectX 9.0 games no longer show intermittent corruption at the bottom of one of the cloned displays.
    Resolved Issues for the Windows XP Operating System
    • Flickering is no longer randomly observed when applying Video Gamma settings.
    • The system no longer hangs intermittently when playing Medal of Honor.
    • Civilization V no longer generates a VPU Recovery faulty when Crossfire mode is enabled.
    • Warhammer – Dawn of War 2 no longer randomly displays a wireframe when running at High game settings.
    Download: 32 Bit / 64 Bit

Source: TechpowerUp

2. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 10 Grandkids -2 Great-grandsons

So far, so good. I installed these just before heading out for work yesterday. For anyone having any problems, there should be a Hotfix just around the corner. ;)

3. IvanV

IvanV HH Assassin Guild Member

So what's this Fuel Service and why does it want to connect to the internet? I googled a bit and someone on AMD's forum said that the new services connect to validation.sls.microsoft.com, what the heck?! :confused:

4. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood HH's curmudgeon

Sounds creepy...... another way to de-activate your Windows?

5. Dyre Straits

The best I can come up with so far is that this is just a "loopback" connection. Meaning, it doesn't actually connect to or wait for any response outside your own computer.

But, yes, it would be very appropriate if AMD would explain BEFOREHAND, or in the documentation just what these are!

Again, it's just a guess at this point, but, it does appear that AMD is moving things to some kind of unified control app for AMD CPUs and GPUs, as per their FUSION design.

6. IvanV

One more thing, I blocked the Fuel Service from accessing the internet and CCC no longer starts with Windows - it has to be allowed internet access for CCC to autostart.

7. mkk

mkk Well-Known Member

Try adding a rule that allows it to still connect to localhost (127.0.0.1) so that local loopback connections are not also blocked.

IvanV likes this.
  8. IvanV

And with that mkk gets the cookie (and rep points).

9. mkk

mkk Well-Known Member

Cookie! :D
    Anyway, so called local loopback connections (network data only sent locally between two software modules on the same system) is a thing that is pretty commonly occurring nowadays. In a situation where one uses detailed manual firewall rules for all traffic on a system it's a good idea to make a wide rule that allows local loopback for any program. In case the firewall software does not come with such a rule predefined.

10. Sylvie

Sylvie New Member

Hi guys,
    I'm just a newby here and first of all I'd like to say hello to all of you.

The reason of my post is the following:

(1) I've modded with MobilityModder ATI driver so that I can use a ATI Radeon PRO as a replacement of my ATI Radeon Mobility on a Toshiba Laptop under Windows 7 - 32 bits.

It works perfectly BUT

(2) once a day, the driver automatically reverts back to the ATI Mobility driver, and hence I'm constrained to reforce it to the ATI Pro version by hand.:sigh:

(3) I tried to disable the autostart of AMD External Events Utility services.
    same problem...:bleh:

(4) I fully removed AMD External Events Utility services... same problem...:duh:

Whatever I do, it seems that the Toshiba once a day gets back to its oem Mobility driver... :mad:

ANY HINT on how to prevent the system to undo the forced ATI Pro install ??

Thanks

11. Rasta Monsta

Rasta Monsta Just an Average Joe...

Fresh build, and my first with x64. Video driver BSOD on resume from S3. :(

12. Liqourice

Liqourice Well-Known Member

Still not getting full HD with 3D movies. Updated to the latest (march 7) version of PowerDVD as well.

I only get 1000i when playing 3D resulting in a black border around the picture. Can't find any settings to change this in CCC.

13. Robert McClelland

Robert McClelland I'm An Uncle for 2nd time Staff Member

So strange AMD skipping driver this month? lol

14. Matth

Matth Flash Banner Hater

With attention on the 11.4 preview, anything this month would be an anticlimax - who'd bother?

15. IvanV

I'm not thrilled, that could take another 2-3 weeks. What's the progress on that anyway? What's the latest version and how does it behave?

16. Dyre Straits

No, per information elsewhere, the 11.3's will be released. But, for what reason exactly other than for those who insist on using only WHQL drivers? (Example: Some benchmarks won't validate results for non-WHQL drivers.)

And, as pointed out, the 11.4 Preview drivers are newer. So, unless you really have to have the WHQL versioin, why bother?

@IvanV: Check out here...

http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/Catalyst114earlypreview.aspx

IvanV likes this.
  17. IvanV

Thanks, Dyre, I'd swear I was on that very page yesterday, but, for some reason, I was only offered the March 7th version of the preview. :)

18. MIG-31

MIG-31 Old time Member.. Staff Member

Nope... Just released now

Downloads

19. IvanV

:lol: I was waiting for those for a while and finally, an hour ago, I installed 11.4 preview.