ATI Catalyst 11.6 Software Suite

Discussion in 'AMD Graphics Cards' started by MIG-31, Jun 15, 2011.

1. MIG-31

MIG-31 Old time Member.. Staff Member

Highlights of the AMD Catalyst 11.6 Windows release includes:

New Features:
    • AMD Steady Video
      • Steady Video is currently an AMD exclusive feature based on AMD APP Technology
      • By applying advanced algorithms behind the scenes, users do not have to deal with shaky or unstable video ever again!
      • Capabilities scale with hardware and are end user controlled
    • Image Stabilization brought to YouTube!
    • Decode Acceleration of MPEG-4 part 2 content
      • AMD has enabled decode acceleration of MPEG-4 part 2 content in Microsoft video player applications (through MFT support) for all AMD Radeon 6000 Series
    Performance Enhancements

Performance highlights of the AMD Catalyst 11.6 release includes:
    • Performance gains in Crysis of up to 7% on AMD Radeon HD 6000 series single card configurations.
    • Performance gains in F1 2010 of up to 8% in DirectX 11 mode on AMD Radeon HD 6000 series products in single and Crossfire configurations.
    • Performance gains in Far Cry 2 of up to 5% on AMD Radeon HD 6000 series products in single and Crossfire configurations.
    • Performance gains in HAWX of up to 8% on AMD Radeon HD 6000 series products in single and Crossfire configurations.
    • Performance gains in the Unigine OpenGL tests of up to 10% on AMD Radeon HD 6000 series single card configurations.
    Resolved Issues for the Windows 7 Operating System
    This section provides information on resolved known issues in this release of the AMD Catalyst 11.6 software suite for Windows 7. These include:

• Flashing titles are no longer displayed when playing F1 2010 in a Crossfire environment.
    • Video playback no longer intermittently displays a black screen when using Windows Media Player.
    • Graphics and Gaming scores are now correctly computed in the Windows Performance Index.
    • A BSOD error is no longer generated randomly when Crossfire is enabled/disabled after video/LCD overdrive settings are changed on HD 6900 series products.
    • Crossfire is now correctly enabled when playing The Witcher 2 on HD 6800 series products. (when used with AMD Catalyst 11.5 CAP 5 release)
    • Screen tearing is no longer randomly seen when playing Riddick 2 at high performance settings and with Crossfire enabled.
    • The game Kings Bounty now renders correctly.
    • The game Empire Total War now no longer displays random flickering and in-game buttons display correctly.
    • Google Earth now performs smoothly in OpenGL mode.
    • Crossfire is now correctly enabled when playing Cars 2 on HD 6900 series products.
    • Sid Meyers Civilization V no longer displays intermittent graphical corruption when played in DirectX 10 mode in a Crossfire environment.
    • Heaven 2.1 running in DirectX 11 mode no longer displays intermittent graphical corruption in a Crossfire environment.
    • Crossfire is correctly enabled when playing LEGO : Pirates of the Caribbean on HD6800 and HD 6900 series products.
    • Poor performance is no longer experienced while Playing Heroes of Newerth and when the cursor is moved to the top right or bottom right corner of the screen.
    • Mouse cursor corruption (in the upper right portion of the screen) should be resolved
    Resolved Issues for the Windows Vista Operating System
    This section provides information on resolved known issues in this release of the AMD Catalyst 11.6 software suite for Windows Vista. These include:

• The screen no longer briefly flashes green while changing screen resolution and playing a BluRay title using PowerDVD 10.
    Known Issues under the Windows Vista Operating System
    The following section provides a summary of open issues that may be experienced under the Windows Vista operating system in the latest version of AMD Catalyst. These include:

• Windows Aero settings might not be available in some circumstances.
    • Doom 3 and Quake 4 may experience random corruption on HD 4000 series products.
    • Performing bezel compensation on a 3x2 configuration may cause the Bezel group to not appear.
    Download: AMD Game

2. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 10 Grandkids -2 Great-grandsons

After installing these, I get a script error when starting CCC and have to click on Yes or No to continue running scripts....

[​IMG]

3. Robert McClelland

Robert McClelland I'm An Uncle for 2nd time Staff Member

I have hard time installing these drivers lol. Plus Gigabyte OC doesn't work I get screen flicker lines bad lol So I delete the program hehe. Ya AMD Should do more testing before they release there stuff. Why does ATI installed stay that? Should be AMD Installed?

4. Robert McClelland

Robert McClelland I'm An Uncle for 2nd time Staff Member

Never mind once I did installed ati tray tools my OD show back in CCC

Last edited: Jun 16, 2011
  5. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood HH's curmudgeon

I started getting the same thing...... and my right most display, running from a DP to VGA adapter, was the wrong resolution and partly off screen after a reboot. I went in to try to make adjustments and my flat panel display was called "fake" :uhoh: I couldn't make any adjustments, no resolution adjustments on any of the 3 displays.... :hmm:

I'm back on 11.5 now, but still getting that script error.

6. Liqourice

Liqourice Well-Known Member

And still no way to get rid of the black border when playing 3D movies. :(

7. mkk

mkk Well-Known Member

They've included a cute little mini-game. It's called Try-getting-the-mouse-cursor-into-the-top-left-corner. Honestly I'm not bothered, just wierded out. ;)

8. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood HH's curmudgeon

9. DarkFoss

DarkFoss Active Member

I just installed the 11.6 driver, I let the Cat 11.5b software update do it's work.
    No issues here on my Gigabyte 6850OC. Temp is currently 64c fan speed 66% while Folding. Up a bit from the previous drivers 61-62c.

Gigabyte's OC is still fine according to the CCC as well as GPU Z 820MHz GPU 1050MHz memory.

No mouse issues.

I can't comment on movie playback I have no 3D/Blueray on this comp.

*edit I'm pleasantly suprized at how smooth youtube and other flashplayer sites are with this driver and flash 10.3..even the 1080p playback was glitch-free even while gpu folding.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2011
  10. adytzu01

adytzu01 New Member

i have hd 5650 1 gb and i have install the driver 11.6.i'am using windows vista sp2 x64 and in games sometimes is coming somme black lines.can everyone help me?

11. Dyre Straits

Black lines or black borders?

Does the image fill the whole screen or is it only filling a portion of the screen?

Also, why have you not installed the latest 11.8 drivers?

12. adytzu01

adytzu01 New Member

it's filling a portion of the screen.i have installed also 11.8 and the same.i don't know what to do.

13. Dyre Straits

If you have installed 11.8 for Vista x64, you need to go into CCC and to My Digital Flat Panels section. I always select to use the Advanced view for CCC!

Click on the Properties option first and make sure you have a check mark in the Enable GPU Scaling as well as the dot filled for Scale Image to full panel size.

For the next step you may ... and LIKELY will ... need to change your default resolution to a size down from what you currently are running. This step is almost always necessary in order to enable the next thing you need to do. So, change your resolution down one setting now.

Once you've done that, now, in the same section of the My Digital Flat Panels, you want to click on the Scaling Options section. You'll see a slider with Underscan/Overscan. In your case you'll likely see that the slider is only part way toward Overscan. Move it all the way to the right.

Make sure to Apply the changes and exit CCC.

Now, change your resolution back to what you normally use and see if this works. If it's Overscanning, repeat the above steps and move the slider back to the left one notch. Apply and re-check. Repeat until you get the correct full screen image.

Good luck!

14. adytzu01

adytzu01 New Member

Thx a lot for the help.One question more.Now in Nfs Hot pursuit i'am having somme choppy frame rate.i have dell n5010 intel core i3 2.53,4gb ram and ati 5650 1gb ddr3.can you tell me what can i do?

15. Dyre Straits

I do not have that game. Your best bet is to post this question in the Gaming Discussion forum.

http://www.hardwareheaven.com/gaming-discussion/