ATi Catalyst Mobility 11.12 display drivers for notebook computers (13/12/2011)

Discussion in 'AMD Graphics Cards' started by LQDForce, Dec 16, 2010.

1. VEKrueger

VEKrueger New Member

11.12 drivers don't work on a 5650 in the dv7tse-4100. Tried twice, fully updated before attempt and all previous drivers wiped prior.

2. VEKrueger

VEKrueger New Member

3. killerbake

killerbake New Member

I had to register myself too and say thanks. I normally don't, but in this case I did.

I have a MacbookPro 2011 and this did the trick to bring me up to 11.12.

I'll be checking back!:w00t:

4. rayliang

rayliang New Member

Thank you for this driver!!!

Success by following the instructions in first post.

Toshiba Satellite T135 - Radeon HD 3200

5. cobl

cobl New Member

Hello... this is my first post on this forum.

I wish to report success with my new HP dv4-3145tx laptop which has the Radeon 6750M & Intel HD 3000 switchable graphics.

Since my system is new, I did not uninstall anything, and did not run Driver Sweeper etc.

Just installed the 11.2 driver from his forum, and 11.12 on top of that.

Devic Manager shows updated driver.

To check whether the ATI card kicks in, I installed Sweet Home 3D, did some quick modelling, started GPU-Z & then in SH3D quickly rotated around the view.
    GPU-Z showed activity on the Radeon, but strangely also on the Intel Card.

So all well so far, & many thanks to this forum.

However my problem is I need to open heavy models in Sketchup, which uses OpenGL 1.5 . The Radeon does not kick in on sketchup or other OpenGL software (DoubleCAD XT).

So, any help with OpenGL??? The thing is I need the laptop only for these two softwares... rest of my work is done on my trusty old N900.

Any help would be really appreciated!!!

6. syobon999

syobon999 New Member

I need for XP x64
    please

7. JT0874

JT0874 New Member

Re: ATi Mobility Catalyst 11.5 Display Drivers For Notebooks (09/05/2011)

I have an acer aspire with a similar graphics setup... (intel on the i5 chip and a separate 6550m chip with 1gb dedicated vram). The switchable part is what is screwing up my universe. I tried 2 different methods for getting this to work so far (the one initially posted on this thread and one on another thread that involves using a "spoof" to fool the gpu). Neither of them have worked.

If you have the ability to go into your bios and select the radeon graphics only, then enable that option. It'll eat more power, but if you're gaming you won't care... in my bios i can enable switching or integrated only... can't enable radeon only (acer doesn't support this). I think I'm just screwed for now... and honestly, after my experience with HP... you probably are too (my last machine was an HP with the integrated radeon 4xxx chip... i got catalyst 10x installed on it and it overheated the motherboard and the system hard failed).

I am going to play with this for another day or so before I revert back to the original installation (catalyst 8.x) and just resign myself to the fact that this is not a laptop for gaming. I'm starting to remember why I switched over to consoles...

8. jadigbones

jadigbones New Member

hello, i've been looking for a way to update my gpu drivers for a while now, and this thread shows promise, but a couple of questions. I have a acer aspire 7750g with switchable graphics (amd radeon hd 6650m gpu, intel 3000 on i5 chip). Has anyone had any luck updating this (or similar acer) computer's drivers? Also would a installation over existing drivers be recommended if they are up to date, or should i still delete them, reinstall, and write over them?

Also, on a side note, acer released a vga driver update for this model on the 4th of jan. I have heard that it is broken and less functional than previous acer released drivers (but very limited info so far). Anyone had any luck with new acer vga driver?

Thanks in advance for any info :)

9. vladik86

vladik86 New Member

Hello.
    I have an HP dv6-6178el with switchable graphics (6770m and Intel HD). I installed the drivers on the first post without any problem, but i don't know how to verify the version from the PC. Are those the latest drivers?

10. Lawls

Lawls New Member

Hi,

I found this thread by chance, as many have, while searching for a way to break free of the chains of OEM-locks.

I have done everything in the step by step and more. Cleaned the registry with Driver Sweeper, Advanced System Care 5 and CCleaner, rebooting after each. But when I install the 11.12 drivers, I receive this error after the reboot, when attempting to open CCC:

[​IMG]

The weird thing is, when installing 11.12, my screen does not once flicker, which suggests to me the drivers are not even installing?

Acer Aspire 5943G
    i5-460M 2.53Ghz
    ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650

Any assistance would be beautiful, as I have been stuck on drivers from 2010 for too long!

Thanks!

11. jadigbones

jadigbones New Member

Ok, so how i understand it (and I am by no means an expert), laptops with switchable graphics use a driver that is written for the power-saving gpu (located on the cpu, intel in my case), and the high performance gpu (amd, in my case). And although they are separate gpus, they are "connected" and both actually run through the intel chip on the cpu. So even when the amd high performance gpu is running, it is transferring it's graphical information through the intel integrated chip. So a driver from intel or amd won't work because they are not written for computers that use both gpu's in tandem. That is why these drivers are distributed through the computer manufacturer, and also why a lot of people with switchable graphics don't have any luck using drivers not designed for their systems.

12. Mordenflocher

Mordenflocher New Member

Hello!

I would like to thank you for this guide, for it worked in my case. Windows 7 "Resolution" tells me I just have "Mobile PC screen", but CCC and GPU-Z clearly show me I have Catalyst version 11.12, and atiumdag 8.920 in use.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

DOES EVERYTHING LOOK OK???

The Catalyst installation of course told me there were some "alarms" or somesuch during installation, but no real problems in the log. Everything was installed correctly. So I take it this means the drivers are in use and working? :)

My specs:

Acer Aspire 8943G
    Core i5 2,4 (2,6 TBoost)
    4GB DDR3
    1TB HDD
    Blu-Ray
    18,4" screen
    ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650 1GB (128bit)

P.S. I followed the guide to the letter with reboots and everything.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2012
  13. perrynoid

perrynoid New Member

...12.1...coming...?

14. Snafdruid

Snafdruid New Member

hi!

i also want to update my ATI driver but i don't know if my laptop specs would qualify for this process or perhaps i am just a noob..sorry

specs:
    Lenovo G470
    intel i5 2.4 ghz
    6gb ram
    switchable graphics: Intel hd 3000, ATI HD 6370m (1gb)

I so want to upgrade drivers for both but can't so just wanted to ask if my laptop's a go..just want to make sure

UPDATE:

ok my specs works but has anyone tried this with HD 6370m?

im downlading the file but a bit hesitant to give it a go

Last edited: Jan 30, 2012
  15. dicks

dicks New Member

Hope 12.1 mobility are coming soon... been 6 days since release and 12.2 is already available as pre-release :(.

16. ack

ack New Member

On the other hand people with AMD processors and a GPU built in the AMD chipset and another dedicated GPU from ATI/AMD and switchable graphics, have native driver support for both GPUs provided by the Catalyst package. :)

17. pwncracker

pwncracker New Member

Hi - I'm new here,

I have a sony vaio with a radeon HD3470 card. It could really do with some new drivers but the links in the first post are dead thanks to the FBI. Does anyone know where else I can get them? I've had a look but all I can find are the new drivers with the catalyst installer, which I can't run because of sony. The catalyst installer won't even unpack the files so I can't install the new drivers manually through device manager :(.

Any help much appreciated.

18. dicks

dicks New Member

I downloaded the automatic detection package from the AMD website and was able to update to the 12.1 drivers without any problem.

19. Sektor3884

Sektor3884 New Member

AW: Re: ATi Catalyst Mobility 11.12 display drivers for notebook computers (13/12/201

Really? Did you update the driver after installing 11.12 from this side or before ?

20. dicks

dicks New Member

After downloading and installing the 11.12 (which I had installed when it came out here).