ATI Digital Vibrance

Discussion in 'AMD Graphics Cards' started by MoonSugar, Jul 1, 2005.

1. Pluvious

Pluvious Elisha = hottie

Even better then the new GeForce 7800 GTX Zardon??

I'm seriously looking at that model but the problem is I would have to replace my mobo for a PCI one and while I'm at it add some ram.. so a $600 card could run me more like $1k. :(((

2. swatX

swatX ba|\|\|ed

Wati till r520 comes in stock and NV releases its own variants of geforce 7 series. right now your x800pro should be fine for most games

3. MoonSugar

MoonSugar New Member

On the ATI website, a feedback form is not to be found. If there is one its certainly hidden very well and thats probably why there are no requests as you say.

But ATI should be well aware of this issue anyway. ATI is losing sales to nVidia because of this feature.

4. Spyre

Spyre New Member

5. The_Neon_Cowboy

The_Neon_Cowboy Well-Known Member

If you can find the drivers you can find the feed back form :rolleyes:
    https://support.ati.com/ics/support/KBAnswer.asp?questionID=1713

right before the download section..
    [​IMG]

in the download section
    [​IMG]

Other then making the text in like 300 font people just have to look..

since when is a feature a few people might like to have an "issue" :hmm:

Well acording to users with both cards as they said about nvidia needs it just for the
    colors to look correct as in without it they are incorrect. The users also say that ATI
    colors look correct and true right out of the box. It's really not needed on ati as but it
    is a "must have" on a nvidia card.

6. CrapolaJola

CrapolaJola The Great DaK

why are people so freakin obsessed with this feature i have a viewsonic a90f+ and a modded/ocd 9500np and everything looks damn fine, half the time if u use digital vibrance it makes shit look washed out - stop buying shitty bad lookin monitors ppl. also for the nvidia.com pics they over do a little and im sure they modify the original halves 2 make them look even worse, trust me it doesnt make ur games have near that much of an improvememt

7. Pluvious

Pluvious Elisha = hottie

I'm obsessed with is because I can see a better picture with the DVC feature then without. The argument that it is a low quality monitor is just plan wrong. If anything the feature would BENIFIT a lower quality monitor! Perhaps if you spent some time with the feature you could understand the value of it. The colors pop and are more vivid and whether it's "correct" and accurate is beside the point. It makes my games and pictures look more colorful, crisper and vibrant and I'm sick of defending it. I JUST WANT IT WITH MY ATI CARD.

8. MoonSugar

MoonSugar New Member

I WANT VIBRANCE CONTROLS WITH MY ATI CARD TOO

I could give 2 shits about which card has more accurate colors - DIgital Vibrance is fun, and makes certain games look way cooler.

There is a lot of power in that feature: you can change the level of "Vibrance" specific to each color, so you can tweak this setting according to a game's predominant colors.

Bottom line, it makes games look better and thats why we buy graphics cards in the first place, right?

I am a user who currently has both cards: ATI 9800 and GeForce ti4400.
    Thats why I started this thread in the first place. On my older system (GeForce) I can get much better looking colors than on my better system (Radeon). When the hell is ATI going to have some Vibrance options.

9. UnTouchAble

UnTouchAble New Member

Everyone request it at the feedback centre, go go go!

10. Spyre

Spyre New Member

Like I've said many times ATI cards dont have the required hardware for full digital vibrance. There is only ON or OFF this is already available with Powerstrip to the limit that it would be available in the ATI control panel.

11. The_Neon_Cowboy

When I switched from my 4200ti to an 9800pro the differeance was amazing
    I didn't know what I was missing, effects there wheren't being renderd (just like
    some suff in 3dmar03, like bullets and smoke)due to thier IQ robbing / fps inhanceing
    optuimizations. I better colors and fps with the same games with ATI!
    I owened many cards in the past and since the early days the saying was ATI had
    better IQ nvidia had better FPS. After the 9700 ati had both :) .

12. Vapor

Vapor New Member

I've noticed just the opposite while testing my 7800GTX....it looks much better than my 9800XT at the exact same (and playable settings). I'm not even using digital vibrance yet; both cards are in quality mode.

13. MoonSugar

MoonSugar New Member

Why doesn't the hardware support full digital vibrance?

p.s.- Powerstrip sucks

14. swatX

swatX ba|\|\|ed

i see that you have not tried DV-HIGH with Call of duty. if u did you would have thought that "now whats what a real world war game should loook like"

15. Raptor

Raptor New Member

Hey, nice monitor Pluvi [​IMG]

16. The_Neon_Cowboy

DV high? Color changes does nothing if the games IQ is not already there.

17. Bicka

Bicka Active Member

Surprised I didn't see this thread till now :)

I'd love Digital Vibrance as well and have certainly requested it in a feedback form (when I can find the link to it).

But one of the most annoying things about this topic, whenever it pops up, is the sheer amount of people that post to say how its utterly useless and a waste of time because they don't use it themselves.

Why they can't just say 'Hey, if it makes your overall experience better, go for it. Its not gonna ruin anything for me, cos I won't personally have it on.'

Anyhow, I'm searching other forums for a post where someone boosted a few specific colours to simulate DV on the ATI cards. I've forgotten which one's but when I did it myself the effect was pretty close to what Digital Vibrance used to produce.
    If I find it again, I'll definately share.

18. nitrousoxide52

nitrousoxide52 Driverheaven.com err .net

DV is just not needed with ATI cards, I'd rather have all of the ATI developers working on new cards and better drivers, than making DV. Plain and simple.

19. ReDGuiTaR

ReDGuiTaR New Member

well.. basically DV is only a gamma setting .. not much to talk about ... and since it's not the regular setting ( it's like music, u can boost the bass but it's not the real recording ) so it isnt the way it mean to be played ! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

20. Pluvious

Pluvious Elisha = hottie

Once again someone hasn't done their homework and assumes its a gamma(?!) setting. Sigh. Really sad.

I've given links in this thread where its explained and even Omega dude explained it as NOT a simple gamma,color tweak.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2005