ATI F.O.R.D.? SOL? Only chance RV500?

Discussion in 'Submit News' started by BMG_Cya=-, Aug 23, 2004.

1. BMG_Cya=-

BMG_Cya=- Banned

Yeah, it's by The Inquirer, (of which I personally am not overly familiar but know that most common people rate their reviews and opinions about equal with snail dung.)
    I know their political views are about...ahhh...don't take me there.

Still, would like to hear what the inside ATI guys have to say in regards to the (British based?) websites forecasting...

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=18029

The4 article seemed long winded enough without me pasting a portion
    of it here. Besides all ATI inside guys have Broadband. Click it.;)

2. The_Neon_Cowboy

The_Neon_Cowboy Well-Known Member

talk about spin and useing things out of context, there wen't their last shred of creditablity in my eyes

3. germanjulian

germanjulian Back in London

why? I agree with this article.
    The new Nvidia card plays all new games rather well and is more future proof. OEM will go big time for nvidia. And he is right. HL2 is very CPU dependant and last years technology... and doom3 engine will be used again for a lot of new games.
    ATI is playing catch up at the moment.

4. Alistair

Alistair Spoos

Sadly I really think ATI dropped the ball with the lack of PS 3.0 on the X800. I was really expecting them to jump on the latest technologies like they had in the past with DX8.1 support. As much as I hate to admit it, if I buy a new card in the next few months it will be a 6800 unless an ATI card mysteriously appears with PS3.0 support. I like to get what will be the more futureproof cards when I purchase them.

5. HardwareHeaven

HardwareHeaven Administrator Staff Member

interesting but certainly not front page material.

6. HawK

HawK Banned

What a load of bull.. typical inq. stuff, wonder how much the writer got payed by you know who.

PS/VS 3.0 sure but when do those games come? next year.. maybe but really not holding my breath... I'm sure Ati will be ready when it is time!!

SLI: load of crap, first chipsets for dual PCIe 1st-2nd Q next year maybe..

NV should first try to get his NF4 chipset to run proper..

Haha... Atleast ATi has more than one (real)DX9 offering..

And in all this the writer presumes ATI will do nothing for a year
    and OEM licencees are all cuckoo

Yah how long was I.D. busy making the D3 engine? And Valve was on holiday I guess...

7. EcPercy

EcPercy Well-Known Member

So ATI is just going to say eff it and not make anything??? My opinion eff the inquirer. I would not trust a single thing they say. They have proven nothing time and time again...

8. GutterPunk

GutterPunk I = Greatest Dood

sounds pretty biased lol... obviously doesnt look at positive and negative aspects of both sides just positive of nvidia (stretching its truth) and negative of ATI (again stretching the truth)

9. The_Neon_Cowboy

The_Neon_Cowboy Well-Known Member

Let me know when nvidia supports PS 3.0 will ya?

No! not the faster parts only, not partial support... Full 100% support? in any game...

Not happing to the next refresh why? becouse the way i've understood it no ATI or nvidia card in existance can push full 3.0 (maybe duel 6800 in sli could, but hard to tell), and still deliver any "decent" frame rate...

but there also is no full PS 3.0 game either,far cry uses 3.0 and mostly ps 1.1! and the funny thing is the x800 can run the nvidia 3.0 path! with much higher fps! there was a artical on it some were....

Most the wow! effects NV is useing can be done useing current PS 2.0

IMO: By time PS 3.0 is anything ATI will have card that fully supports it (R5XX?)

Last edited: Aug 23, 2004
  10. pr0digal jenius

pr0digal jenius Delete Me

i'm with neon on this one, and i'd like to see the check nvidia send the inq for that article....lol

SLI isn't anything new, btw...i hope they realize that....3dfx did it back in the day..it's not liek nvidia invetned anyting, they simply reanimated a dead horse.

also....i wanna see a benchmark showing an SLI card against a MAXX card....my sneaking suspicion is they bench VERY close together

11. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

Like it's been said.. Nvidia's 6800 doesn't do full PS3.0..... another is... it's not True FULL PS 3.0 in the first place.. or else some of the PS3.0 demo's would run without a hitch..... if Nvidia followed the PS3.0 spec of dx.... there wouldn't be any problems...