ATI Fire GL 8800 128MB DDR -- Omega drivers?

Discussion in 'AMD Graphics Cards' started by tek, Dec 19, 2004.

1. tek

tek New Member

I recently go ahold of a Dell Precision Workstation 650

- Intel Xeon 2.0GHz 533MHz FSB
    - 1GB of RDRAM or DDR SDRAM I'm not even sure...
    - ATI Fire GL 8800
    - SCSI PCI Adapter (dont know what for)
    - 24X CD-R/RW Burner
    - 80GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.2 ATA Hard-Drive connected to an SCSI converter... that connects to the Dell mobo via regular IDE cable... hmm

Anyways... I wanna know if I can use Omega Drivers with this video card? And anything I need to know about this system?

Its a temporary system for my dad because my rig is down due to mobo RMA, so Im using his rig... when I get my main rig back up he's takin his system back and I wanna figure out what to do with the server

I'm gonna have multiple OS partitions on this baby too... thinkin about maybe running a CS server or something :hmm:

Any advice/tips are welcome, thanks guys

2. jasonbourne

jasonbourne New Member

trust me the omega driver are perfect for your video card , i don't think u ll have any kind of perfomance loss

3. tek

tek New Member

Well looks like we were both wrong... After installing the Omega Drivers the system would not boot past the Windows XP Login screen it would just keep rebooting so I had to uninstall that and run Driver Cleaner. Then I tried to install the Catalyst drivers but it mentioned something about that I dont have the hardware for it.

So I'm f'kin lost... I go to ATI.com check the driver section and I see the FireGL line has its own driver section, wewt... installed the FireGL unified driver and everything is running nice and smooth.