ATI Mobility Modder and Catalyst 10.1

Discussion in 'Mobility Modder Discussion' started by Stuart_Davidson, Jan 31, 2010.

1. ole258

ole258 New Member

2. galacticninja

galacticninja New Member

Does this mean that even the Legacy 10.1 and 10.2 drivers can't be modded? What's the latest and best (performance-wise and "low number of bugs"-wise) modable drivers for the Xpress 200M? Is it Legacy 9.11? (The current legacy driver version of this in ATI's website is 10.2.)

3. Kane3162

Kane3162 New Member

I was going to ask something similar to this:

10.2 is the last LEGACY supporting driver, from what I understand that means for me and my x600 its the end of the line!

Now I know you guys SAID you where working on a new version, but its been 8~ months now since 10.2Final released, I was hoping that a new version would have been out by now, AT LEAST to work with the 10.1/2 driver, since those ARENT going to change!!!

This is all brought upon by the fact that I recently had to reinstall Win7 x32 on my laptop (it actually runs better then XP... loving it) on my old Dell D810 with an x600, I HAD found a 10.2 Mobility Modified driverset beforehand (back when I did Win7RC and then RTM), but had deleted them before the format, NOW I cannot find them again and am screwed royally!!

So if anyone has a way a quick fix to make MM work with 10.1/2 at least please clue me in, or if you know the drivers I am talking about (they worked perfectly by the way, doing it myself, they are not working) and can link me id be forever grateful!

Thanks!

4. mprikiman

mprikiman Incubating EE

Hello, I own a TOSHIBA Sattelite with ATi HD 5165 Graphics card. I tried the modder and followed the instructions PRECISELY but as it seems this doesn't modify the extracted drivers even though the interface shows that does. It behaves like I am trying to install them regularly.In the custom installation it notifies me that the 8.6 catalyst (WTF???) are up to date and installs only the CCC. Is there any solution for toshiba laptops ?

5. blitz6804

blitz6804 Shocking, isn't it?

Robin_Hood: Do you have a link for CCC 10.9? Renaming the 10.7 link does not give a working link. (File not found.)

Also, am I the only one who finds that 10.5 is the last one that works right on the HD 2600? 10.6, 10.7, and 10.8 all result in MSI Afterburner not being able to read core speeds. (And GPUz reports erroneous ones.)

6. Nitemares

Nitemares New Member

You are not alone. I have 10.8 files....have run the mod over them....no go.

The newest I have been able to actually see a successful result with are the 10.5 drivers.

Got the link here somewhere for the full dd download...not the bit by bit one from amd/ati.

Toshiba Satellite l650 07c i5430m with HD 5650.

7. deadsolid

deadsolid New Member

I concur. I've been having the same trouble.

I'm giving the 10.5 drivers a go right now.

Edit: I was able to get MM to properly modify the drivers (10.6 and above just speed straight through to the end). Installed but no joy. Uninstalling the default drivers and installing 10.5 is my next guess. brb....

Edit2: No go. 10.5 did not install. The first attempt failed. The second attempt succeeded but nothing changed.

ATI 4650 Mobility Radeon HD

Last edited: Sep 20, 2010
  8. Kane3162

Kane3162 New Member

well since there hasnt been any (official)news since 10.x series, who else is thinking that ATI Mobility Modder is dead?

10.1/.2 have been finalized for the longest time, and yet no ATI Mobility modder to support them yet, one reason for the delay (that i knew of)was the ever changing 10.x packages, thats fine and dandy and all, but since the 10.1/.2 are no longer changing I still cannot understand why no ATI-MM has been released... is it legal issue? or something im missing? its the LAST legacy supporting driver and yet im stuck using a 6.x driver due to OEM incompetence (and my inability to find the 10.2 package i had that actually worked)

9. Sony Vaio

Sony Vaio New Member

Guys please help me!

I'm new to all this, I recently bought a Sony Vaio VPC-EB1S1E/BJ (Notebookcheck: Sony Vaio VPC-EB1S1E/BJ) not knowing about the issue between ATi graphic drivers and Sony/Toshiba... Now I owned a MSI WIND before and got a bit familiar with modded drivers at the 9xx Soldiers sans frontiers forum. This is where I found out drivers can increase performance by alot! Now I tried to install ATi catalyst on my new Sony Vaio without any succes, a guy from the 9xx group recommended this site and told me Robin_Hood's drivers work for him ons his Sony Vaio.... So I tried his modded 10.7 without succes, 10.7 installed succesfully but performance was worse over stock drivers Windows Update gives me so there must be something wrong, I don't get it. I also tried installing the 10.8 mobility stock drivers manually without succes... Please Robin_Hood or someone over here can you help me?!

Specs:
    Notebook: Sony Vaio VPC-EB1S1E/BJ
    Graphic card: HD 5650
    Processor: i5 430m
    RAM: 4GB

Thanks in advance!

10. BlinkBlink9

BlinkBlink9 New Member

Im using an ati mobility hd 5650 with an intil motherboard with switchable graphics. Im stuck using my hp drivers that are version 8.7 ccc. I dont know how to work around or upgrade my drivers. Idk if i can use this mod tool since it says it doesn't support the 5 series. Is there a work a work around or do i have to wait for a new release or am i completely screwed?

11. Sony Vaio

Sony Vaio New Member

Try this one, it's working for me but had to install it manually but try it! Maybe it works for you to: DNA-ATi 10.9a.2 | Do Not Argue

12. BlinkBlink9

BlinkBlink9 New Member

will this work for a 64 bit windows 7 operation system i also have an hp an it requires me to use there drivers i wanna find away around that.

13. Drutort

Drutort New Member

ok so I had the laptop collecting dust and opended it up to try and get it to run, only to remember the driver issue...

so i found the 9.12 vista x64 drivers, ran the patcher... and well, it seemed to have installed

then I looked it did not work, I try to install the drivers manually and I get very strange message after I have through the driver install, right before the end I get a windows encountered a problem

"the specified service has been marked for deletion."

Or then I will get the error 43, which means its not running, and yes I am running in test mode, yet its not helping..

:confused::confused::confused::confused:

and i am stuck with no driver in win 7 64bit :/

any help would be appreciated

Last edited: Apr 10, 2011