ATI Radeon HD4650 support needed

Discussion in 'AMD Graphics Cards' started by xtr3me, May 9, 2009.

1. xtr3me

xtr3me New Member

Hello i have gone out today and got me the new card and i am having noing but problems trying toget my disply settings to go above 1440x900 when i move upto the next setting it says onmy screen its not supported but i can see the screen perfect.

I use to have a nvid 7300gt and upgraded as i need faster and more stable game play and got me the radeon hd4650.

I am on windows vista x64 and have tried every driver out and wont let me get above 1440x900 and my old nvid 7300 i could get to around 1650x1200 or something along them lines.

Anyone got any ideas where i can go or try to get this sorted out as i know the 4650 should go up to 2560x1600

2. TheJakeOtt

TheJakeOtt New Member

If u were a nvid user, you're probably new to Catalyst Ctrl Ctr, right?

ATi drivers (nvidia might do the same, but apparently not) automatically limit your resolution and refresh rate based on information your video card gets from the monitor.

To get the option to use resolutions and refresh rates that aren't native to your monitor,

Open CCC, in the tree on the left side select the branch for your monitor's properties (yours will probably say 'panel properties' or something since you use a flatpanel), click on the 'attributes' subsection. The main window will then show sections 'monitor information' and 'monitor attributes'. In the monitor attributes section, there should be a checbox for using EDID data and driver defaults.

Uncheck that box and the dropdown boxes below it will ungrey and give you the option to manually set the maximum resolution/refresh rate for that monitor.

Hope that works.:D

Last edited: May 11, 2009
  3. Devastator09

Devastator09 New Member

Nearly every video card can go up to 2560x1600... but that means you have to have a monitor which would support it. The resolution your video card is providing you is the limit for your monitor, to go higher than that you have to buy a monitor which can support it (usually only 30" or higher monitors can support 2560x1600).

4. xtr3me

xtr3me New Member

I am trying to get it to goto 1680x1050 as my monitor supports it but the size setting is no where to be found as you said above how to put in manual but it don't give

5. crack1up

crack1up New Member

Please check the device manager, under monitor it should list your monitor. If it says plug in play, then your monitor is not installed. Try installing the driver for the monitor. This is usually the cause of it not giving the proper native resolution 1680x1050.