ATi Radeon Mobility Modded Catalyst/Drivers for Windows XP 32-bit (Updated)

Discussion in 'AMD Graphics Cards' started by dansrfe, Nov 4, 2010.

1. ianf

ianf New Member

Hi
    I am having trouble getting this driver to install on my Dell n5010. Hardware is Mobility 5470. After extracting download, I upgrade driver manually, but have to go to "have disk" as searching does not find driver. In the list I get from the "Have Disk" there are several (4 or 5) items listed as Radeon 5470, so I select the first one. I get a warning that the driver may not match the hardware but carry on, then the install stop with a message "Cannot copy file ati2mtag.sy_" and asks for it's location. BUT the file is in the correct location, just won't copy. If I skip this file, I start getting the same message over and over for many other files...

EDIT: I just noticed when trying again that many of the files have an underscore as the last character of suffix, is this something that could be causing problems? i.e. should the above be ati2mtag.sys or .sy_

Any Ideas on what I've missed out?

EDIT 2: I just succeeded in getting it to work by simply shifting the \XP_INF directory to C:\Temp\, effectively shortening the path considerably, and then the 'update driver manually' worked...

Cheers, this thread has been super helpful...
    Ian

Last edited: Jan 4, 2012
  2. syobon999

syobon999 New Member

any chance of getting this work for xp x64?

3. friendfx

friendfx New Member

Hi guys,

Thanks so much for the great efforts on getting the latest ATI drivers and CCC to work in XP! :D

I am using your modded drivers and CCC package on a N5010 laptop with a Radeon HD 5470 running 32bit XP. Actually, to get it to work I had to add the following lines to the CX128238.inf file:

Anyway, after installing, problems, cleaning according to this post and re-installing, I got it to work :p... although only for the laptop monitor so far.

What I am trying to do is getting HDMI output to work with my LG TV... so far without luck.

In CCC, on the Displays Manager / Displays Properties page, I clicked the Detect Displays button, but the second monitor on that little screen is always grayed-out. When I click on it, it asks me if I want to enable it, but all that does is cause a short screen flicker and the second monitor symbol is grayed-out again. :annoyed:

I tried to re-start with the HDMI cable plugged in or not plugged in, no matter what I do, the TV always displays the "No Signal" message on the screen. I noticed, however, that if I go to the Input Select menu on the TV and the Laptop has the HDMI cable plugged-in, the HDMI input seems to be "active" (somehow highlighted compared to the other, disconnected inputs). So it seems like the TV at least detects the presence of the laptop when the cable is connected, no so the laptop though. :confused:

Any ideas on how to get it to work? Is there anyone out there who connected a HDMI TV successfully with the N5010 running XP/32? :uhoh:

EDIT1:
    Maybe I am in the wrong sub-forum?

Last edited: Jan 24, 2012
  4. Raen

Raen New Member

That is one of the features that you lose by using modded generic drivers...
    Normally, people that use modded generic drivers for their laptops can't get the HDMI output to work.

That is one of the reasons that some notebook brands/manufacturers, like Toshiba, "forbid" AMD to release drivers compatible with their notebooks.

5. v12v12

v12v12 Enigmatic Quadratic

I've posted this issue before, but (of course) little to no info regarding a solution, so I figured maybe someone in this thread might have answers...?

MacBPro
    XP SP3 (via bootcamp)
    CPU: C2D 2.16Ghz
    ATI mobility X1600 (256M)
    GPU: M56, 90nm
    Driver Version (MModded): ati2mtag 8.593.100.0 (
    Catalyst 10.2) <---- This is directly from GPU-Z

Things have been running pretty smooth since I upgraded from ~8.5 to 10.2. No BSODs, no freezing, a few VPU recoveries, but I'm running split screens of diff sizes so... After reading all the posts and seeing others with "legacy" GPU/rigs having problems/BSODs, I don't want to tempt fate (11.x - is 12.x even possible?) and fubar stability for hours of trouble shooting (cursing and tensing up lmao) to get things back to stability (10.2)

1) Can someone tell me the limits of this hardware regarding Catalyst drivers; can I go past 10.2, and to what version before they discontinue support (absolutely)?

2) Is there a special install method that I need to undertake? [​IMG]

Thanks all.

6. jheri

jheri New Member

Hello, im using a dell latitude e5400 and have this issue with swtor the 3d graphics appears flat and short, while the ui remains perfect. would your solution fix my problem?

Thanks, Jheri.

feel free to email me if it would be easier on you @ chrismeyer09@hotmail.com

7. ErikLehnsherr

ErikLehnsherr New Member

Hi Dan,
    I don't had the opportunity to test the drivers because the WinXP don't recognize my damm HDD. I was planning to install a partition with WinXP to play games, since I can't have an good game experience under my Fedora Core. But I just forgot how Windows sucks after long time under Linux.
    I will test under VirtualBox soon, but as far as I readed I am sure they gonna work. I'm planning to buy an new laptop with nVidia cause the last ATI Mobility series seems to work with best performance only under Win7. In the last Linux distros the ATI proprietor drivers runs like shit and conflict with xorg and gnome shell, and the open source ones can't deliver an gaming experience with WineHQ. I'm very disappointed with AMD, cause I don't want never ever again use Windows 7, but it seems they are trying to make it the only option.
    For now I just need to figure out how to make WinXP detect my Hard Disk. Till then no Skyrim for me D:
    And btw, thank you very much. Rep added.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2012
  8. FulGoOrE

FulGoOrE New Member

In the first place, excuse me for my poor english, i'm doing my best (A)

This is my first post and is only to say THANKS! it worked!!! after so much research, forums, try stuff here and there.. Finally it WORKED!
    I installed HD 4250, all working properly.
    Again, 3298423482398423 THANKS

9. v12v12

v12v12 Enigmatic Quadratic

BUMP! Hello, does anyone have any info on the driver limits for the X1600mobile? I've searched the site and web; apparently I'm the ONLY person with a MacBookPro and this card that runs Catalyst 10.2, XP and legacy games? Come on... srsly?

10. Raen

Raen New Member

@ErikLehnsherr: I would do yourself a little "sacrifice" and install Win7 x64, even if it is only to play Skyrim (you can get modded drivers for Win7 in another section of this forum).
    To play Skyrim you don't need a fantastic GPU, only if you want to run the game maxed out (I play it in Ultra Settings but with AA off with my 3650HD), since Skyrim is more CPU than GPU demandant.

I played Skyrim under WinXP for some weeks and had constant CTDs and less performance than I have now under Win7 x64, and until now I hadn't a since CTD under Win7 x64 in months.
    And remember, the High Resolution Texture Pack DLC is not compatible with WinXP, some folks are complaining about it.

11. DACER

DACER New Member

Hi dansrfe,
    I have been going through this thread and I have the latest HP laptop with HM 65 chipset and intel (R) Series 6 express mobile chipset.

I have twith pre-installed OS Win 7.
    Intel(R) HD Graphics Family [Display adapter]
    Radeon (TM) HD 6490M [Display adapter]

I have recently, Installed XP by dual booting the lappy(win7 + Win XP)
    I am unable to install the Video Driver for my laptop.

I have tried your modded drivers but I didnot succeed for xp.

do we have any modded driver for

the Below Configured Laptop....
    Operating System new – server roles System Model

Windows 7 Professional Service Pack 1 (build 7601)

Install Language: English (United States)

System Locale: English (United States)

Installed: 2/10/2012 1:38:32 PM

Hewlett-Packard HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook PC

System Serial Number: 2CE1471B7B

Enclosure Type: Notebook

Processor a Main Circuit Board b

2.40 gigahertz Intel Core i5-2430M

No memory cache

64-bit ready

Multi-core (2 total)

Hyper-threaded (4 total)

Board: Hewlett-Packard 17F9 10.31

Serial Number: PCKVV2B2E1U681

BIOS: Hewlett-Packard F.02 10/03/2011

Bus Adapters
    Intel(R) 6 Series/C200 Series Chipset Family USB
    Enhanced Host Controller - 1C26
    Intel(R) 6 Series/C200 Series Chipset Family USB
    Enhanced Host Controller - 1C2D
    Renesas Electronics USB 3.0 Host Controller
    Renesas Electronics USB 3.0 Root Hub

Last edited: Mar 3, 2012
  12. Marko299

Marko299 New Member

Where to download latest Modded Mobility drivers for Windows XP 32bit.

0x1002:0x9591 PCIE

I have Radeon Mobility 3650 and 8.521 drivers. ;)

13. datars

datars DataRS

Hi dansrfe, I have a new Laptop with an dual graphics cards Intel HD and ATI Mobility Radeon HD5470
    I would like to get XP drivers for the ATI. Can you help?
    Thanks
    -Chuck

14. mcsmackton

mcsmackton New Member

just want to say thanks to everyone on the forums that take the time to post info. it has been invaluable over the years. most recently when champions online's most recent update clashed with the stock lenovo drivers. the mobility modder tool doesn't seem to work with recent ati driver bundles so using info in this thread I was able to download the 12.4 drivers modified the .inf file with the string for the mobility HD 3650 ATI MOBILITY RADEON HD 3650" = ati2mtag_M76, PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_9591 then used the device manager to update the driver. after that champions ran flawlessly. thanks again

15. DarkFlame

DarkFlame New Member

I have video HD3470 Asus X50sl laptop, I install drivers 11.11 and now I have no opengl , CS1.6 , Quake3 games don't work. Before I install drivers with one site of version 9.3 and there was opengl support. Whether you can unite drivers 9.3 with support opengl and these 11.11 ?

16. DarkFlame

DarkFlame New Member

tried to throw in the folder of installation of drivers 11.11 files atiogl.xml, atioglxx.dl_, atiok3x2.dl_ from version 9.3, but is ineffectual. What files are responsible DirectX, it can is possible to throw them from drivers 11.11 in the folder of installation of version 9.3?

17. angeloff

angeloff New Member

Hi everybody,
    I wanna thank Dansfre and all other guys for making it possible for us to run our laptops with Win XP .
    Now can you explain me how to mod the .INF file for my HD 6370 card ?
    I read the whole thread but didnt understand how is it done.
    Appreciate your help,
    thanks.

18. jpmackay

jpmackay New Member

I am wondering if your program, ATI Mobility Modder support ATI Radeon HD4300/4500 with the operating system of Microsoft Windows XP 32-bit? I did checked and don't see this graphic card. Are you going to add this or not. The reason why is that AMD ATI driver 12.6 as their final driver support not beyond.

Thank you,

John

19. jpmackay

jpmackay New Member

Still waiting for any reply about this program of ATI Mobility Modder to support Radeon HD4300/4500 graphic cards. All I need to know if that will support or not?

Thank you again,

John

20. caqde

caqde Active Member

That support is at the low level meaning even if you modded say the Cat 12.8 or 12.9Beta the driver wouldn't support the architecture of your card and IF it installed we couldn't guarantee that it would even work and strange issues would likely arise from it.

AMD removed all support for the HD2k to HD4k series (the DX10 cards) so that they could focus on the DX11+ cards in the newer drivers they will still support yours in a separate driver but will only provide bug fixes when they feel it is necessary otherwise new features, performance improves, etc will be provided only for the HD5k and above cards.