ATI Radeon Omega Drivers 2.6.71 (Cat 5.9)

Discussion in 'AMD Graphics Cards' started by Omegadrive, Sep 24, 2005.

1. Spellbot 5000

Spellbot 5000 New Member

Thanks for the quick driver release Omega!

But please, PLEASE, don't drop the standard ATI CP for the CCC. The CCC is terrible piece of garbage, and I know very few people who choose it over the standard CP. It's resource hungry, badly designed, and in the worst cases causing hitching in many games.

I hate to say it, but I too will have to stop using your drivers if the standard CP is dropped in favour of the CCC, and I think many other users will to.

2. brownstonemr

brownstonemr New Member

Thx Omega for the quick release!

CS:S Stress Test MR9800:

73.38 fps Omega 5.8

61.22 fps ATI 5.9

72.57 fps Omega 5.9

I still crash seconds after running the ATI Tray Tools .exe. The only version that works without crashing is the .720 version.

3. Raptor

Raptor New Member

Nonsense! the sky is falling, the sky is falling, ahhhhhhhhhh :duh: I've been using the CCC successfully for months now with no problems what so ever. It was a little cranky at first but not now. Omega is not going to shoot himself in the foot providing an outdated and unsupported Control Panel with his great modded driver set! ATI probably has a great deal of new technology in the piplene that will need an advanced CP to support it and the old cp just wont do anymore (IMHO)

4. SexPistoL

SexPistoL New Member

Hey "Omega"
    Smooth as silk to install, no problems at all. They look good, Play good, bench good and OC my usual 10%. Again thank you and Ray very much, outstanding as usual. I look forward now to the "Omega Control Panel" ;)

5. LLivingLarge

LLivingLarge New Member

Please reconstruct M9 support.

6. f0rbez

f0rbez New Member

Nice work omega. Very quick. :)

One thing though. MultiRes tries to install twice. I don't even think we need MultiRes anymore anyway, doesn't ATT have the same features?

7. wcoast

wcoast New Member

Trying out the drivers today, minor bug during just driver install asking if I wanted to replace a US english file ( I think it was atiiprx something) with a foreign language, ( Im all english) I chose yes to overwrite anyway.

Guys complaining about CCC (I have never used it) Omegas release notes SPECIFICALLY say that you will have a choice of using ATT even tho CCC components and .net would need to be installed in future versions.. thats if I read it right.

As always thanks Omega, and guys click on his banners and send a couple bucks yada yada yada.

Gordon

8. Ulric

Ulric New Member

He's not getting a damned dime from me, but I will "give" him my gratitude for producing excellent drivers for us. Thanks again for producing these drivers within an acceptable timeframe, Omega. It was a very pleasant surprise and a total system shock when I noticed how soon they were available. I just hope that since they were delivered so soon, there won't be any f**k-ups in the .inf file or something.

Post edited.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2005
  9. sslaytanic

sslaytanic New Member

is it better NOT to use drivercleaner when upgrading OMEGA drivers? a while ago someone said that it is best not to do the 'uninstall, safe mode, etc' method for omega drivers because there are enhancements with the driver before, so it all cumulates. is this true?

10. EvaUnitXIV

EvaUnitXIV New Member

finally on time

11. swimtech

swimtech Well-Known Member

As long as you are running the previous version of the Omegadrive driverset, you do not have to uninstall it before installing the next version. I have gotten two or three versions behind, not uninstalled, and installed the new version with no problems. Omegadrive used to state this explicitly in the readme file for his driverset. I'm sure if this changes, he'll let us know.

As for the ATT that comes in the Omegadrive driverset: According to Ray Adams, the author, you should uncheck the option that makes the ATT start with Windows before you install the new Omegadrive driverset.

12. sslaytanic

sslaytanic New Member

heh... weren't you the one who answered me a few threads back about the same topic? thanks dude!

13. Turok

Turok New Member

Now I have to downgrade to Omega 2.6.61 and there isn't any resolution problem :(
    Okay, I know, I must wait now... :oops:

14. alienvenom

alienvenom New Member

>>> * Reconstructed Mobility support (M10 and up), laptops that had problems before should work properly now.

Still doesn't work for me. It doesn't detect the Laptop Panel and I get a distorted display.

15. FnF

FnF New Member

This release is working fine on Day of Defeat: Source, got great fps :) Thnx! BF2 is working also very fine! And can anyone answer (Maybe Omega?) my question about the difference between AF Quality and AF Quality with Full Trilinear?

16. HolyAvenger

HolyAvenger New Member

Oh drat....

I *hate* the CCC with a passion, yet still we get it rammed down our throats from all sides. Yes, it may load faster meanwhile, but it remains a crappy design, ugly as hell.

*shrug*
    I guess I dont ever need to load it, as long as ATT gets updates.

17. petri1

petri1 New Member

well can anyone tell me if there is a huge difference in orignal catalöysdt performance to omega´s 5.9´s if not well i dunno then but would be nice to know if it is so much taht there is a need to have them installed???

18. FnF

FnF New Member

catalöysdt

LOL, you where a bit drunk it seems :) It supposed to be Catalyst :)

19. crlorentzen

crlorentzen New Member

Hey Omega...Have you heard of the VPU Recover Issue? Verified by Blizzard.

I was just wondering if you knew what change you make to the stock Catalysts that fixes this issue and if so could you forward that knowledge to ATi so they can fix it in there releases too?

BTW: Awesome release I was flabbergasted at your quickness.

20. Pring4

Pring4 New Member

BUG REPORT:

Macromedia Projector crashes when starting up an application that uses it. I'm pretty sure it's this driver set. I recently used the program last week with the Omegas 5.8 with no problem. However, when I start this up, it crashes on me before I launch it.

EDIT:
    Nevermind, it was a QuickTime issue.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2005