ATI Radeon Omega Drivers (Catalyst 4.1 Based)

Discussion in 'AMD Graphics Cards' started by Omegadrive, Jan 25, 2004.

1. Sammydad1

Sammydad1 New Member

Follow Up about Omega's 4.1's

Hi,

I finally got the 4.1's installed and operational. Seems I had to forcibly uninstall the old version (first time I had to do this) and then reboot. On Reboot, XP found the regular ATI drivers and installed them fine.

Then I ran the OMega 4.1's setup and they installed fully the way they always have in the past.

Whatever the VERY slow screen refresh issue was, it seemed to be related to some part of the video acceleration process because if I used the Troubleshooting slider to go down a notch, the refresh speed jumped back to about normal; altho scrolling thru a large folder of files, still was slow as molasses, tho slightly faster than before.

NOw I am a happy camper,a nd witht he new RadClocker, I am back up to zippity doo-dah speeds on my 9100. Now to see if I can best my 3DMark2001SE score of 10,900+ 11,000 HERE I COME !!!

Will report back !!

Dave

2. BWX

BWX get out and ride

Re: Follow Up about Omega's 4.1's

That's not a driver problem (the driver itself), that happens when you don't uninstall the old driver completely and/or install the new driver correctly.

It also looks like that before Smartgart does it's' initial tests, sometimes it takes up to 10 seconds or more- then the screen will pop off and on, and everything will be back to normal. If you reboot before that, you messed up the process. Either way it's user error.

edit-spelling

Last edited: Feb 4, 2004
  3. Negative Design

Negative Design New Member

That's a clue I think. Perhaps you should try a neat little tool called Driver Cleaner (wich you can find right here on DriverHeaven) that help you get a cleaner system before installing the drivers fresh again. I don't know wich version of Windows you use, but the Omega 4.1's are working fine with GTA:ViceCity here in WinXP. [/B][/QUOTE]

Hey,

I used the Driver cleaner each time I want to install new drivers...I stil get the same problems :-/
    the only drivers which work with GTA:VC are .60 and .96A is there another driver cleaner out there? a more powerful one perhaps.And this problem is with MANY games not just GTA:VC

THX,
    Jim

4. higgledyhiggles

higgledyhiggles Active Member

tv-out overlay clone...etc

going nuts with the tv-out now. my res is 1152x864
    it used to leave my monitor res alone now when i apply tv-out it
    flicks the screen once and tv-out appears on tv (everything fine), then flicks again and changes
    the monitor to 1024x768 (boo).
    This wouldnt be so bad if it turned off ok. To turn off the tv-out I have to apply change, this turns
    off tv-out and flicks back to mointor only, but now the monitor is set at 1024x768 at 60hz, which is
    odd since windows shows itas 1152x864 (wrong). Now I have to change the res out and back again
    to whatever just to get the res back to what it should be (what I started from) and the refresh to be
    right (85hz).

Nothing to do with choosing the softmod install I suppose. ?
    or anything else obvious. I`ve reinstalled dx9b, and updated the via4in1`s.
    anything else ?

cheers,
    higgles

5. Omegadrive

Omegadrive Drivers? What Drivers???

Re: tv-out overlay clone...etc

It is an error on my side and it doesn't have to do with the soft-mod, sorry, I'll fix it for next the set.

The Problem with Vice City is the configuration file, not the drivers. I don't have the game, but if I rememeber well you have to delete the game's configuration file on each driver release so it can identify the new drivers again.

6. hurricanes#1

hurricanes#1 New Member

Two Games crash

Omega 4.1 drivers crash two of my favorite games, NHL 2004 and Nascar Racing 2003! Tiger Woods 2004 runs perfectly without any lag or stutter... However, NHL 2004 crashes seconds into the game. I am able to get through the front-end but when the game starts, the game just freezes, with corrupted graphics forcing me to restart. NR 2003 crashes at almost the same time INTO THE GAME. I can navigate through the front-end but when i get in the car, the game crashes about 10 seconds into the game. I get the GPU recovery message.

I don't have get crashes with other Omega drivers but Tiger Woods 2004 doesn't run as smoothly.
    Ideally, I would like to have TW 2004 run smoothly but still able to play my two other games.

7. Bicka

Bicka Active Member

Have you tried disabling the vpu recovery?

8. rachid.nl

rachid.nl New Member

I installed the Omega drivers and was happy with its performance. Great job! Though, for some reason, the softmod doesn't work. It's not that my games are full of checkers and markers and trash. On the contrary: my games are clean, but there's no performance gain at the same time. In other words, it seems as if the softmod never has been installed, but that's certainly not the case. Riva Tuner tells me I'm using 8x1 pipelines.

Someone told me that this might occur because my mainboard only has support upto AGP4x, so no AGP8x. Could anyone confirm this?

9. Delkian

Delkian New Member

Could anyone give some tips for getting this new 9x set installed for Win9x and Radeon 8500LE? Obviously something's broken regarding that, and I've been trying to tweak some .inf files myself to get things to work but with no success so far. I'll continue trying, but if someone could give some light to this, I'd really appreciate that.

10. mkk

mkk Well-Known Member

Have you tried several games? In some there won't be much gain from having the extra pipelines. Or if you run with Antialiasing on then the memory bandwidth of the card might put a lid on the performance lower than the extra pipelines would push it. Or if the CPU is too slow to keep up.

No, AGP mode has no effect on this. Even 2x would be fast enough actually.

11. Soma4TheMass

Soma4TheMass New Member

Serious issue with the new omega driver.

I was playing KOTOR, then after an ingame cutscene I was dumped to an XP BSOD, it says something about physical memory dump or something.

My system:

Radeon Mobility 9000 64mb
    p4m-2.2g
    512 mb ram
    unknown mobo, but the laptop is samsung p25
    generic sound card
    60 gb HD

This is the first time I used catalyst or omega driver, I used the original drivers that came with the laptop for ages. Also this is the first time it happened, so it's probably the driver. Send me an email (the admin would have it) if anyone is interested in this case. Cheers.

12. Negative Design

yeah me too...No one can tel me why either :( I think his drivers are flawed now I never got these screen before until the recent updates.This happens to you on KOTOR but it happens to me on nearly everygame and GTA:VC wont even start I'd go to stock ATI driver but I want my 9500 mod hack :-/ oh well...thats life I guess.

13. BWX

BWX get out and ride

Omega drivers work great for me- faster w/ better IQ, and no errors in any games I test on.

14. Negative Design

BMX what are your specs?

Me sapphire 9500 NP red PC
    Abit KD7 Mobo
    512 MB PC2700
    over 200+ GB HDs

My system is updated...to my knowledge.Im not using Microsoft SP1 update do you think that may be a reason for my problems?

15. zerodamage

zerodamage New Member

That could be a problem. Not having that will also result in lots of security holes you should not have. Get SP1 and get those security holes plugged.

16. BWX

BWX get out and ride

In the sig? Enable viewing sigs in CP if you can't see it.

17. Negative Design

oops hehe i missed it lol, damn text is so dark :D
    so do you have Sp1?

18. BWX

BWX get out and ride

Yeah, you should too- Why don't you just d/l it?

19. Negative Design

I already downloaded it I've been to busy to install it but I will tonight after I get some work done.I work on my pc and I can't keep restarting, I may miss a busines opertunity,any who I will install it tonight.

Jim

20. TheBloody

TheBloody New Member

Nice work done, I like the drivers !
    Only playing Counter Strike at my old fuzzy Radeon 9200 - but get mostly constant 99 fps ^^

Just waiting for the new catalyst 4.2 based version :evil: