ATI Tray Tools 1.0.2.600

Discussion in 'Industry News' started by MIG-31, Apr 18, 2005.

1. MIG-31

MIG-31 Old time Member.. Staff Member

ATI Tray Tools is a free utility that runs in the system tray and provides easy right-click access to all of your ATI video card's crucial settings. You can change anisotropic filtering + antialiasing levels in Direct3D and OpenGL, adjust image quality, turn on/off special driver features, or simply just fool around with clock settings (core and memory speeds). It uses minimal system resources and isn't intrusive.

2. [hobo]eclipse

[hobo]eclipse ...just bummin 'round

i'm checking out this prodram for the first time and it seems pretty neat, alot of other settings to play with, but i seemed to have run in to a prob, this program differs from Omegas as to when setting your AA and AF you can do it in OGL or DX specificly, when i create a profile either DX or OGL and try to use them in a corrosponding game they dont ssem to work, on the other hand the overclocking area profiles seem to work fine. They both load up (DX,OGL/overclock) as per the tool tip that pops up when u hover over the tray icon, but in either typ of game it is obvious that niether is workin. I thought it might have something to do with the Omegas (4.12) only usin one tab for both DX and OGL so I uninstalled the Omega Radlinker, but to no avail. Ima go try now to set up the AA and AF of both in the global settings and not a profile for each and see if it'll work,

Just lookin for anybody with experiance with this prog and any feedbak

3. HunterZ

HunterZ New Member

I use and recommend both ATI Tray Tools and Radlinker. Mostly I just use Radlinker for the few tweaks that ATT doesn't have though.

I use them both with the latest standard Catalyst drivers. There's no point in using customized drivers like Omega/DNA if you use these utilities, unless you want to use altername OpenGL drivers or install softmods or weird stuff like that...

Also, I don't use Rage3DTweak because it's WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY outdated (I think the last release was for Catalyst 3.xx). Radlinker is updated at least every few months (been a while now though), and ATT is updated at least once a month.

One issue I have with ATT is that it always complains about raphook.dll being in memory when I try to install updated versions.

4. [hobo]eclipse

[hobo]eclipse ...just bummin 'round

i think u can get rida that by rebooting in between uninstall and update?

5. HunterZ

HunterZ New Member

Yeah I know. Rebooting is a pain in the a$$