atikmdag stopped responding error DATABASE!

Discussion in 'AMD Graphics Cards' started by HardwareHeaven, Apr 28, 2008.

1. HardwareHeaven

HardwareHeaven Administrator Staff Member

Forum member mrps2man has started a great database

TDR Error Community Reporting

to corrulate information regarding the TDR errors with ATI hardware. please be sure to fill in the information and continue discussion of the errors in This Thread

"Hi everyone!

I had mentioned that I'd take care and manage a database for everybody experiencing the TDR errors a few posts back. I figure it would be a great idea to get a collection of all the hardware specs in a single location in order have the most information possible. The clearer it can be presented the better!

To this effect, I've setup a website where you can submit your system specifications and such. I have not created the page to view and/or manage the data yet, but I'll have that ready in a few days. For now, please submit your system specs to the web page so we can either figure this out by finding trends in the data, or sending it to ATI!

The page is located here: TDR Error Community Reporting

If there are any problems or questions about the page, don't hesitate to ask. If anybody is a member on other forums with threads relating to this issue, please ask others to submit their information as well! Hope all goes well, its my first time using PHP and MySQL!"

2. HardwareHeaven

HardwareHeaven Administrator Staff Member

please keep this thread for discussion of mrps2man's database only.

3. spearz

spearz New Member

Hi, I've submitted my info but I had a query:
    How is everyone getting their ATI Bios version? I googled around a bit and found something called GPU-Z (TechPowerup). It reports my bios version as:
    VER010.059.000.002.025899

SiSoft Sandra reports it as:
    3B10201.101

I posted both in 'additional comments' when submitting my information, but I just wondered if it was possible to clarify somewhere on the submission page what software you should use to find this information out. I think it would help experienced people report the correct information and give relatively inexperienced users the chance to take part.

Just my 2p's worth.
    Cheers!
    Spearz

4. CATALYSTCATCHER

CATALYSTCATCHER ATI Guru

Great ideas both the TDR Reporting and the sticky. Thanks mrps2man and Zardon.

In addition to those methods we have the BIOS PART NUMBER which can be found using;
    >> CCC (for those who have it installed and functional)
    >> Information Centre
    >> Graphics Hardware

Or
    >> Display Settings (Available to everyone. >> Right Click the desktop and select Personalize)
    >> Select Display Settings at the bottom of the list
    >> Click Advanced Settings (Bottom right)
    >> In the Adapter Tab you can see Bios Information. e.g 113-Bxxxxx-xxx

The Bios Part Number does increment when the bios version is updated for significant reasons.

CC.

5. mrps2man

mrps2man New Member

Thanks for the new thread and sticky Zardon! Hopefully this well help generate even more traffic as well!

In any case, I'd just like to let everybody know that I'm still working on the database data page. I've got a preliminary version out right now. It is not the prettiest thing in the world, but the functionality is all there. So far I've had to learn MySQL, PHP and JavaScript just to get this darn thing working, which is why making it look pretty has taken a back seat. The URL for the page can be found here:
    TDR Error Data Page

Development on it will continue tomorrow, but I thought it was about time that I let you guys in on the data collected thus far!

Stuff set to be done is to add the comments as a mouseover event on the data page, to add more pages for groupings of relevant columns (such as all GPU info on one page, all OS info on another, etc.). I am also going to add a few instructions on the data submission page for how to figure out some of the info that is being asked for. I'm also going to clean up that page, and hopefully will theme everything at the end of it all! I'm actually not home and am working on all this remotely, which is slowing down development a lot... Lots to do, but I assure you guys that I'm not stopping ;-) Overall, I'm just glad that I've got it all working and have had 100% server uptime so far. That is one thing I was afraid of when I started on this project!

As always, I'm still open to community suggestions, and thanks for all your support!

--Corey

Last edited: May 1, 2008
  6. SilverDev

SilverDev New Member

Consider adding processor core information

It might be interesting to see if there is any correlation there.

Thanks!

SilverDev
    -=-

7. HaZe303

HaZe303 DriverNUT!

Thx for the link to the database, hopefully someone can use it to fix this?

Last edited: Jul 21, 2008
  8. bullets

bullets New Member

I've just filled in the database.

EDITED: To delete rest of content of This post as I responded on wrong thread.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2008