Discussion in 'News Discussion' started by HardwareHeaven, Oct 6, 2009.
I don't have the green, and the green I do have is to be saved for my big trip to New Zealand.. Immigrating there in January, and once I'm there I will need to buy a good computer to help me through Architectural Uni.
Besides, I'm always hoping to win one of those mean videocards on the competitions here on DH
imma buy one........
look like nice cards, but i cant find any reason to own one my self.
should add another option (im sure it would be the highest voted) "waiting for DH to give one away in a competition"
I voted "wait for the games". I really haven't' seen the true use of it yet, and also prices are wayyy too high still
the price tag is impressive for sure
other than that.. :bleh:
A 5850 is set for this winters gaming. No rush with the games I currently play and there's always the chance of a card with an even better cooler appearing after a while.
I could do fine with a 5770 but would like the option to go crazy with antialiasing and the 5850 provides that on a 1920x monitor. Since these cards draw so little when idle a dual 5750 (second card a little later) would have been tempting if Crossfire had a more reliable feel to it.
considering what i've got..
i'm going to wait for the next revision the gpu at the very least..
but i would prefer to wait until at least a dual core solution rather then multiple gpu's on a singel board
Well, having bought a high-res monitor (1920*1080), I may want to upgrade from Radeon 4670 in relatively near future. It depends on how much I'm going to be playing and on the finances, but 5850 is looking interesting.
I'll have to wait a few more days to make sure the details on the following link are right: Radeon HD 5700 Series Specs Finalized - Expreview.com
From that, it looks like the 5750 is a replacement for the 4770 / 4850, and 5770 will be a 4870 replacement. I find the 5770 very tempting at $159 (again, assuming the details are correct). It'd easily be 2-3 times faster than what I have now, and of course it supports DX11, which I really want.
Still, I'll wait the next few days until the reviews and actual details, prices and benchmarks.
waiting on the nvidia releases. from what i hear they have some really big surprises on the horizon.
While I finally clicked on "will buy one shortly" (now that the 57x0 are out), I can't say I'm very impressed. Somewhat disappointed with the 57x0 speed.
I am waiting for the 5870X2 to come out. Then I will wait for the non-reference cards to come out. I currently have the ASUS 4870X2 tri-fan. I would like to see what ASUS or XFX does with the non-reference models.
I can't wait to get one or two.
I'm going to snag one in a little while (probably some time within the next two to three months). As far as what 5xxx series that I will buy im not sure yet. I'm waiting for the non reference cards to come out and I'm also trying to figure out how much I'm able to spend on new hardware.
Too bad there's not a choice for "Absolutely! I already have two!". Or at least allow us to vote that one twice
aweesomee spec there moshpit
i was surprised at how many votes the "absolutely! I already have one" option got..it grew so fast!
Separate names with a comma.